Lands End / John O'Groats here I come..!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Got a call off a mate who, knowing I am up for a laugh, has asked me to do LEJOG/JOGLE with him next June. Dead excited and am researching routes now. I want to do the unpopular 'East of the Pennines' route so I can stay at home one night.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Congrats CP :blush:

Hope you have a great ride - even though it's uphill from LE to JoG :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Good luck CP with that. If you do come east of the pennines let us know & we could meet up on a stage with you to offer support :smile:

Bigtallfatbloke

I think I would like to do a ride like that..now I have a new fast roadie bike and all...no wait I'll need a full support team and a big credit card for hotels...hmm....

dodgy

When I do LEJOG/JOGLE it will be with a credit card (and a bicycle, obviously) and nice quality pub accomodation on the way, if I can get support (moving my kit between overnight stops I'll do that, too.
Not interested whatsoever in roughing it.

Bigtallfatbloke

Maybe we could have a cycle chat LEJOG ?

We absolutly should do that...when the sun shines.

I would want to do it with my Bianchi and a card I think...the camping in the Uk is so....well I'm above all that now I'm a boda fide roadie;):tongue::biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
An idea would be to have a cyclechat LEJOG as a big relay! Would take some orgnizing though...
If CP is going to so it next year, he could just post his planned route & timetable up on the forum & we all tag along on the bits we fancy doing with him :biggrin:
TBH I think it would be better to organise it separately though as i'm sure CP wouldn't want the distraction of different people everyday. I know when i did my first solo tour it was sometimes nice being alone :?:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
User3143 said:
Great stuff, try to route it so you cycle through the Wye Valley in South Wales, this bit of road (A466) from Chepstow to Monmouth is beyond awesome.

Not to mention the amazing selection of cakes at Tintern old station cafe, the spiritual aura at Tintern Abbey and the handy town centre camp site at Monmouth

Top Bottom