Lapierre road e-bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jessand

Veteran
Hi All
Anyone got one of the above? They are ebikemotion rear hub motor like Ribble and Orbea. The geometry suits me more than the others but there's little information about them. I wondered if any ccr's have any experienc of them?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Electrics must be much as the Ribbles and Orbeas, assume they use the same Mahle 'MySmartbike' app. Lapierre is a respectable brand. The e-road bikes appear comparable with the other brands, and weights look to be similar. Other than that not much I can add. I'd checkout the quality of the wheels they use, and tyres. Saddle would be another consideration for me, though as with tyres, easily changed.

richtea

As youngoldbloke says, check the wheel quality. Because the motor is in the hub, you can't simply swap the rear wheel out for a better wheel - you need to have the rear wheel rebuilt if the original one is weedy / poorly made. However, even rebuilding a wheel is relatively cheap in the grand scheme of (e) bikes.

Their website has a description of the wheels used per model, and a list of dealers to look at one in the flesh:
https://www.lapierrebikes.com/gb-en/v/electric-bikes/

Top Bottom