1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last night in the tent

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 25 May 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...slept out in the tent last night...non stop torrential rain all night:biggrin:...most excellent....felt like a boy scout again:biggrin:
    And not one leak....I thought I'd just test it out in some carp weather before the off.

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Not that I've done it for a long time, but being in a tent and hearing the rain falling on the outside is one of the real pleasures in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. redfox

redfox New Member

Maybe, but listening to a torrential downpour from the comfort of your bed after a hot shower and meal thinking 'glad I didn't camp tonight' beats it for me! ;)

4. Hmmmm ... having woken up in a very soggy tent this morning, followed by a breakfast of damp bread and burnt scrambled eggs, I'd have to disagree!

5. andygates

andygates New Member

As a hungover Eurovision refugee camping under a tarp in Chuffy's garden, I felt all boyscouty too! Yay for tents :biggrin:

6. Tony

Tony New Member

..on the outside of a tent YOU TRUST.

At least until your bladder fills.......

7. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Sounds like you need a new tent.... but have you got internet access in this tent....? :biggrin:

8. No, I came home to watch the Monaco GP, had a shower and went back for Sunday night.:sad:

9. Jaded

Jaded New Member

More bromide required? :sad:

10. The tent didn't leak, by the way ... it was just that I knew that it wasn't going to stop raining (you can just tell!) and I was going to have to get out of the tent and into the rain.;)

11. Bigtallfatbloke

I totally trust my tent. Three solid days of torrential downpours and high winds and not a single sign of a leak or any damp...not even under the porch.

12. Pottsy

Pottsy ...

What tent have you got?

Sorry, just looked back in my previous tent post (no pun intended), and you replied you had a Decathlon. Ignore this.

:-)

13. Bigtallfatbloke

last night was fun...BIG thunderstorm...I could feel the ground shake as the thunder hit!..I made sure I had nothing metal inside th etent though.

14. wallabyhunter

wallabyhunter New Member

Who was in the tent with you?

24 days & 4 hours to go... ... but who's counting
    www.letourgb.com

15. Bigtallfatbloke

2 snails and a mosquito...but they let me watch