FNRttC Le Sightseer

Is this a reasonable idea?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
No way I can make this :cry::cry:

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
You can't book bike spaces. You don't need to. I've been in and out of Pompey several times, never seen any method of, or need to, book bike spaces. No doubt @StuAff will be along in a minute to prove me wrong.......

U

User482

You can't book bike spaces. You don't need to. I've been in and out of Pompey several times, never seen any method of, or need to, book bike spaces. No doubt @StuAff will be along in a minute to prove me wrong.......
For those travelling to Portsmouth on GWR trains (e.g. from Bristol), there are usually three spaces, of which two can be reserved. In practice, more bikes are usually taken and the guards don't seem to mind.

philk56

Guru
A week earlier and I would have been interested. I did a similar trip a few years ago with my son - some lovely cycling, quiet roads and history everywhere :smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why do all the rail sites expect you have an @StuAff to tell how to book a ticket?
Ta, saves driving (or pretending to ride home).
Or you could use one of the many cycling sites that tell you about taking bikes on trains, such as http://cycle.travel/advice/cycling_by_train

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I won't be joining. Have the leave booked, but time & financial needs for other things come first. Like the large repair bill I've just likely to have for the Honda....worst case I'll knock out rather more miles this side of the channel that week.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Not had the email?
I'll check
EDIT
1,610 email addresses on the list, six have bounced (four soft and two hard bounces) and 455 opened.

Your email address is on the list and it's not one of those that has bounced. I'll include you in the names to which the email will be sent - 36 signed up for the emails after the Dunwich Dynamo and they missed this email so I'll send it to them.

ANOTHER EDIT
Email sent to the most recent sign-ups, inc @Ian at fleet and some others who say they didn't get it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom