Leave her there .

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by clid61, 13 Feb 2019 at 22:44.

1. clid61

clid61 Über Member

2. dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk Active Member

Yes, agree with you on that one, but reality is probably that she is coming back.

3. Freds Dad

Freds Dad Veteran

Let the baby back as it has done no harm but she can stay over there.

Unfortunately some yogurt knitting liberal will campaign for her to be allowed to,come home where she will be housed and given all the benefits she requires.

4. subaqua

subaqua What’s the point

Am sure you three never made any silly rash decisions as teenagers either ...

5. Unkraut

Unkraut Master of the Inane Comment

Genuine cry for help from someone realising the error of her ways - this is very uncertain from the confused things she is quoted as saying, or emotional blackmail?

6. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

She's as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool......
    but she will be re-housed and looked after better than our ex-servicemen will ever be.

Dirk, Chris S, Goonerobes and 3 others like this.
  7. Proto

Proto Veteran

She says she has no regrets about going there. Only reason for returning is the welfare of her unborn child. Confused messages from a confused individual. Let those who know her situation better make a decision.

lane, C R, further and 1 other person like this.
  8. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

She was just a young teenager when she left. As @subaqua pointed out, we all did stupid things at that age. Plenty of people will say that she doesn't seem to be repentant enough to earn forgiveness. I suppose some crumbling ISIS ghetto in a war zone isn't the best place to develop teenage maturity. Ideological/religious fanaticism learned young, like foetal alcohol syndrome, isn't that easy to shrug off. I hope somebody keeps an eye on her.

Stephenite, r04DiE and winjim like this.
  9. Corky Cyclist

Corky Cyclist Active Member

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." (Matthew 18:21-22, NIV)

slowmotion and winjim like this.
  10. subaqua

subaqua What’s the point

No you only have to say you are a Christian . You don’t actually have to follow any of what you say you do.

gavintc, C R, Beebo and 1 other person like this.
  11. LinchPin

LinchPin Veteran

Presumably that was before meeting someone shouting “allahu akbar” on a crowded train etc

Soltydog, meta lon, Dirk and 2 others like this.
  12. Did she do that?

C R and subaqua like this.
  13. subaqua

subaqua What’s the point

Possessing explosives and being a bit of a dick isn’t exclusive to Muslims . There’s plenty of Christian extremist nobbers out there.

tom73, C R and dave r like this.
  14. Corky Cyclist

Corky Cyclist Active Member

I think the point is about how a Christian should forgive others....and my reading of the bible is that forgiveness is not contingent on the sin.

"You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect." (Matthew 5:43-48, NLT)

15. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

She's grown up in a world of hatred. Time for her to be shown some love.

r04DiE, FishFright and Corky Cyclist like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice