Leaving Cyclemagic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just so everyone knows, I quit Cyclemagic today. I just couldn't take the crap from Leicester city council anymore. A council who claim to be cycling friendly but have spent months making it difficult for us to go on.

Not sure how often I'll post on here or what I'm going to be doing from now one.

Catch you all later.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Leicester do appear to have a knack of spoiling things. They pulled the plug on The Big Session festival which was one of the best small festivals in the UK. Cutbacks in funding was cited as the reason for the support being withdrawn. Perhaps that's the case with Cyclemagic?

Good luck for the future and do keep posting.

Arch

Married to Night Train
:sad:

Councils in general seem to excel at one half not knowing what the other half are doing (and more importantly, promising), which leads to all sorts of chaos. We're facing another winter with a clapped out vehicle, when we were assured the money for a new one was ready and waiting, and then found it had been spent elsewhere.

Don't all councils claim to be cycling friendly? I mean, to say they weren't would be like saying they didn't support multicultural events, or law and order - they know what sounds right. It's all just words, until they actually do something.
Don't go away Rog. You are allowed to post things other than Cyclemagic plugs you know.... :tongue:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
For what it may be worth if there is anything that you think can be done by us general Leicester public to help I would be glad to try. Letter writing, general badgering or anything else. From what I have seen of Cyclemagic it seems to fulful a unique role in cycling promotion that the council would be foolish beyond belief not to want to support. Although foolish beyond belief is their default setting.
All the best whatever you decide and good luck.

Crankarm

Guru
Cyclemagic is a business 'am I right in thinking? I can't quite see how the local authority even though as you claim is being anti cycling can cause you to close your business? Were they a major customer who you have now lost due to them cutting what they spend with you? I thought bike shops were doing better than most at the moment? Sorry cannot fathom your criticism of Leicester City Council wrt to your business.

sheddy

Legendary Member
don't do it ! - the devil you know and all that

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cyclemagic is a business 'am I right in thinking? I can't quite see how the local authority even though as you claim is being anti cycling can cause you to close your business? Were they a major customer who you have now lost due to them cutting what they spend with you? I thought bike shops were doing better than most at the moment? Sorry cannot fathom your criticism of Leicester City Council wrt to your business.

If you looked Cyclemagic up, you'd find out they are a not-for-profit organisation who promote cycling generally, provide cycle training and also provide assistance to allow people with special needs to cycle.

http://www.cyclemagic.org.uk/

Research, dear boy, research.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
If you looked Cyclemagic up, you'd find out they are a not-for-profit organisation who promote cycling generally, provide cycle training and also provide assistance to allow people with special needs to cycle.

http://www.cyclemagic.org.uk/

Research, dear boy, research.

(What Crankarm, jumping in with an entirely unjustified opinion? I never would have believed it!)

Really sorry to hear this, Roger. And good luck for the future, I know you won't be down for long.

TVC

Bad news Roger, but clearly you have the skills, drive and experience to continue making a difference somewhere else. Good luck.

Zoiders

[QUOTE 1599997"]
Ours isn't, and they've spent the last 5 or so years not implementing Cycle 2 Work.
[/quote]Despite your need to contradict every post I make this isn't in fact about your council not wanting to implement cycling initiatives, their apathy toward the cycle scheme is preferable to political meddling.

It's about who controls a project and who gets the credit for it, it's always been a minefield.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Are you near enough to a county border to step across and work with another council instead? [not looked where Leicester is on a map yet to see for myself- just a thought.

Top Bottom