Leaving Sky broadband - who to replace them with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In tandem - well, this is a cycling forum! - with my post about me thinking of leaving Sky tv (I think I have the tv angle sorted now), I need to find a reliable unlimited 20meg broadband to replace that I have with them at present. As another factor, we have a BT landline - currently our call charges are with Sky, line rental with BT.

Anyone left Sky in similar fashion? What did you do for broadband and phone afterwards?

Any suggestions for really good broadband from non-Sky folk, please?

all i can say is as a word of advice don't touch talktalk for all the money in the world... well thats unless you have a love of indian call centres and talking to people with funny accents that you can't understand who seem convinced there names really are John and Jane...lol
when there service is working its excellent but when it goes t**s up you'll wish you had never bothered...
im with sky myself and one of the main reasons was the fact they use uk call centres.. worth the extra money in my eyes...

Davidc

Guru
all i can say is as a word of advice don't touch talktalk for all the money in the world... well thats unless you have a love of indian call centres and talking to people with funny accents that you can't understand who seem convinced there names really are John and Jane...lol
when there service is working its excellent but when it goes t**s up you'll wish you had never bothered...
im with sky myself and one of the main reasons was the fact they use uk call centres.. worth the extra money in my eyes...

Couldn't agree more. I got moved to TT when they bought Tiscali. OK until the first service problem. It was so bad that after a week of no action at all I moved (to Demon).

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Plus net are good no problems and on the rare occasion when there has been one you get great uk phone support

+100

PlusNet are very very good.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Thanks guys. Whoever I go with has to be very reliable (Sky have been - if it wasn't for the tv getting more and more expensive, I wouldn't be thinking of moving).

amnesia and captainhastings - do you have your landline phone with them too?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Plus net are good no problems and on the rare occasion when there has been one you get great uk phone support

I would rate plus net as one of the worst broadband providers in the UK. Excellent customer support, godawful product. They used to be good many moons ago.

I would recommend Be.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been on o2 for about 16 months and they have been very good.

Top Bottom