Leeds Festival day trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm off to Bramham for the day to see:

Frank Turner
Elbow
Muse
Bedouin Soundclash

Anything else including the forecast deluge(s) is a bonus.

A bargain day out at £45.

How did you get a day ticket for £45?

BearPear

Veteran
My youngest is there, has been since yesterday. It's her first camping festival, she's 17, and hating, I mean HATING the rain. Her tent buddy wanted to come home this morning - before any bands had come on!!

Good luck, take wellies, brollies, plactic poncho, galloshes, sou'wester, waders.....dinghy!

It is miserable up here, I went to Leeds every year from 99-05 and it was very wet at times but every year was brilliant, trouble is Bramham park isnt exatcly the most sheltered of locations so can get some horrible weather! Leeds fest seems to be a very popular 'first' festival and has by all accounts lost the bad reputation it got it the early 2000's.

Tell her to MTFU and enjoy it :biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Well i am a neighbour of Vernon.We live in the same street.I can tell you it's raining up in Leeds.But a change tomorrow -----it's going to be raining down at Bramham.

BearPear

Veteran
seems to have stopped raining here (nearer to Bradford than Leeds) and is brightening up a little.

I only remember getting soaked one year at Donnington - I had red dye in my hair and it ran all down my face, happy days! In my hazy memory every festival except that one was warm & sunny!

TBH They'll be unlucky to get rained on all weekend, even the worse weekends I was there it was never miserable the entire time....

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

My youngest is there, has been since yesterday. It's her first camping festival, she's 17, and hating, I mean HATING the rain. Her tent buddy wanted to come home this morning - before any bands had come on!!

Good luck, take wellies, brollies, plactic poncho, galloshes, sou'wester, waders.....dinghy!

She has my sympathy!

Me and my son are both back at home waiting for a takeaway delivery to arrive. We looked at each other and saw suffering in each others eyes. Both of us were cold wet and miserable. It wasn't a difficult decision to head for home. Daughter is there for the weekend and has coped better than me and the boy.

No regrets.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

seems to have stopped raining here (nearer to Bradford than Leeds) and is brightening up a little.

I only remember getting soaked one year at Donnington - I had red dye in my hair and it ran all down my face, happy days! In my hazy memory every festival except that one was warm & sunny!

I has faired up. Still glad we made the call.

quassleberry

My oldest is there at Leeds, his 1st festival too he's 17 and has gone with a group.

His only concession to wet weather? A pair of wellies!

It's been piddling down all day here in East Yorks so I'm glad it's slightly better over in the West.

I am so jealous of him getting to see Muse, I've told him to phone me so I can ring back & listen to them. Will he remember? He'll have forgotten I'm his Mum. :biggrin:

BearPear

Veteran
We have been to Leeds for our tea (wedding anniversary) and in the station coming home we saw a few muddy individuals who had obviously had enough too!

Littlest hasn't been in touch this afternoon but it has just started raining again!

quassleberry

Got a text from my son at 2am (I saw it at 05.30am) to report on his experience - his conclusion & I quote verbatim "Sick! In one word just scik!!!! X"

I guess he's enjoying it very much, no reports since. :biggrin:

Top Bottom