Left Hook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is a shocking overtake\turn. Report that to the police. Blatant disregard for your safety.
Glad you avoided it.

As I was saying on youtube a left hook in normal conditions is bad/ dangerous enough; that was 10x worse. You looked to have the proverbial good head of steam up as you were going downhill and you say it was greasy too; actually that probably makes it 20x worse :ohmy:

OP
OP
germanicdogman

germanicdogman

Veteran
yes it was wet and quite slippy,speed most probably about 20/25 mph.
thankfully i had put new brake pads on and the nice wide mbt tyre's helped avoid locking up the front wheel.
but i don't think the police will be able to do anything as the reg is blurred .

ketka82uk

The reg may be blurred in the video but the make/model and colour of the car can be matched against the reg you remembered. Worth a go!

C

chillyuk

I was on a coach the other day, front seat with a good view of the road. From nowhere a car suddenly appeared in front of us turning left, a classic left hook which caused the coach driver to have to take violent avoiding action. He did well to avoid an accident. I left the driver my name and address in case he wanted a witness.

It's not only when you are on a bike that numptys are out to get you.

asterix

Comrade Member
That is brazenly inconsiderate. I cannot believe the driver acted other than deliberately. You did remarkably well to escape I'm glad to say.

I would take it further. It has to be a personalised plate from what you remember and the spacing shown on the oncoming shot. Only criminals drive like that.

From the DVLA
The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for B52 JAW are:
Date of Liability 01 05 2011 Date of First Registration 30 01 1998 Year of Manufacture 1998 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3996CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Licence Not Due Vehicle Colour SILVER Vehicle Type Approval

quassleberry

Glad you escaped especially in that weather.

These are not random occurences they happen time & time again and are deliberate.

Report it, you have camera eveidence to back you up not just your word against that bladdy pathetic excuse for a driver, probably doesn't have a real licence either.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Glad you escaped especially in that weather.

These are not random occurences they happen time & time again and are deliberate.

Report it, you have camera eveidence to back you up not just your word against that bladdy pathetic excuse for a driver, probably doesn't have a real licence either.

Report it, no questions.

You have a signed/sealed/delivered piece of footage that is clear 'driving without due care'.

A simple case for a traffic bobby, their bread and butter jobs, with the added bonus of footage.

Not reporting it is like giving a thumbs up to be treated like this.