Left leg in, left leg out, in out in out

Which foot do you put down first

• Left foot

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Right foot

• No preference

• I'm hardcore and track stand all the time!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Do you have a preference as to which foot you put down when you stop?

I always put my right foot down, never my left. i think it's due to me being left footed, and i feel much more comfortable with that foot starting in the pedal.
I do feel this sometimes hinders me, with the curbs being on the right and there is no way i can put my left foot down and feel comfortable.

The only time the left foot comes out first is if i'm having a 'moment' which is very rare.

MajorMantra

Always left foot unless a sudden stop has put me in an awkward position.

Matthew

garrilla

I'm having a problem with my left cleat at the moment and clipping in first time is prooving elusive - just since a change of cleats, the position of the cleat is near as damn it to the previous one and feels good in the ride. So 'im guessing is micro-mm out but enough to destroy muscle memory.

Anyway, my point being, I tried not unclipping my left but switching to the right, but left is SO natural its hard not to auto-pilot the unclip, so I gave up trying the right

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
gaz I'm there with you as another left footed one - sometimes I worry about motons coming in that little bit closer when I'm stopped by a set of lights!:tongue:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I think the side people drive on is influential. One would normally try to lean 'away' from the traffic, you might find the same poll conducted on the continent or in the US sees a different result...

Then again it could just be as simple as wanting the stronger foot clipped in, and most people are 'right footed'....

nosherduke996

Alway left, after years on a motorbike as the right foot is in the rear brake.

Adrian_K

Über Member
left foot always - probably always been more natural but since motorcycle training virtually dictates that the left foot goes down, it sort of stuck.

Top Bottom