Leipheimer breaks his wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonathan M

Or will he do a Tyler Hamilton and fight on through the pain?

Will1985

Über Member
That puts Wiggins up to 4th. You never know, if AG2R crack he could be on a podium place!

Don't think it should make any difference to Lance or Astana. There are enough other riders to help, and the way the Tour is shaping up it is becoming theirs to lose. It'll be Armstrong, Contador, Popovych and Kloden sitting in the lead pack waiting for others to make a move.

OP
OP
Landslide

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Fight on? I'm guessing not:
levi.jpg

Bigtwin

Mount a friction shifter to the end of the cast and get back on the bike.

Over paid prissy delicate "ooh mummy my wrist hurts" so-called "professionals". Too much money for too little effort if you ask me.

Will1985

Über Member
Bigtwin said:
Over paid prissy delicate "ooh mummy my wrist hurts" so-called "professionals". Too much money for too little effort if you ask me.
That's a bit strong! Think about Gesink who rode 50km with a broken wrist, or Arvesen who fractured his collarbone and rode 105km to finish the stage.
Then there was Franck Schleck who went over the edge at the Tour de Suisse yet got back on his bike to finish....you wouldn't see footballers continuing like that.

Bigtwin

Will1985 said:
That's a bit strong! Think about Gesink who rode 50km with a broken wrist, or Arvesen who fractured his collarbone and rode 105km to finish the stage.
Then there was Franck Schleck who went over the edge at the Tour de Suisse yet got back on his bike to finish....you wouldn't see footballers continuing like that.

Yeah, but that was the older generation, not the soft nancy-boys you have now. Pierre Jean Beauvoir was killed on stage 3 in 1936 and still finished the tour - sheer guts and determination and he was foreign!

Jackie Milburn broke both legs and an arm, and split his scull on the stitching on the ball in the cup final headding the winning goal from the 1/2 way line, and still scored 659 not our for Lankashire whilst taking 7/26 at the same time in a different match for Yorkshire, before mining 7 tons of nutty slack on an evening shift with his bare hands.

Modern sportsmen don't know their born.

scook94

Veteran
Apparently the pope's broken his wrist too, sounds very suspect to me! I mean has anyone ever seen them both in the same room together? No? Makes you think, huh? :angry:

yello

Crikey, if Levi's the pope what does that make Armstrong?

jpembroke

Bigtwin said:
Yeah, but that was the older generation, not the soft nancy-boys you have now. Pierre Jean Beauvoir was killed on stage 3 in 1936 and still finished the tour - sheer guts and determination and he was foreign!

Jackie Milburn broke both legs and an arm, and split his scull on the stitching on the ball in the cup final headding the winning goal from the 1/2 way line, and still scored 659 not our for Lankashire whilst taking 7/26 at the same time in a different match for Yorkshire, before mining 7 tons of nutty slack on an evening shift with his bare hands.

Modern sportsmen don't know their born.

LOL. That's like vintage Viz. Excellent work.

I have mixed feelings about this. Levi 'oy vey' Leipheimer was one of the few riders associated with Team LA that I actually have a sneaking fondness for.
But hey, Wiggy up one place, Team McDodgy down a man, it can't be all bad...:wacko:

Top Bottom