LEJOG 10 day route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigTam

Über Member
Does anyone have an 10 day LEJOG route, with recommended accomodation please ?

I am sure that a number of you on here will have undertaken this, so would really appreciate any help you can give, was starting to research and I thought "I bet someone on the forum will have all the info I need, lovely people" :thumbsup:

snorri

Legendary Member
There are numerous options described on the CTC forum site, access is open to all. Delve through past posts to find something to suit.
http://forum.ctc.org.uk/index.php?sid=8b293a3e9df0fc92a9946bbaf8fe008f

berty bassett

Legendary Member
done it in 9 if you want gpx files though i would change the warrington bit

berty bassett

Legendary Member
managed to put the rough route what we planned on here but it wont let me put the actual route on ( one big gpx ) if you give me email address i will send it as there were a couple of places that changed a bit and could be changed better - also it shows where we got lost ( easy to do - especially to get over the bridges at bristol - the signs for the cycle path are , at best well hidden ) also if you find better ways to get through big town areas i would . i also have a list of the b&bs somewhere - some were excellent - some were , well - best i can say was not

Attachments

• chepstow to shrewsbury.gpx
    187.2 KB · Views: 152
  • dingwall to jog.gpx
    180.5 KB · Views: 157
  • kilmarnock to oban.gpx
    183 KB · Views: 149
  • lands end okehampton.gpx
    213.5 KB · Views: 277
  • lands end to okehampton.gpx
    230.4 KB · Views: 217
  • longtown to kilmarnock.gpx
    157.9 KB · Views: 150
  • oban to dingwall.gpx
    253.5 KB · Views: 153
  • okehampton to chepstow.gpx
    239.7 KB · Views: 185
  • preston to longtown.gpx
    183.4 KB · Views: 119

berty bassett

Legendary Member
just looked at size of the history file - its 6.7 meg so guess its too big - again will send it email if you want as it is more use than the others

wintonbina

Über Member
OK Big Tam, here goes: Day 1 LE to Okehampton. Day 2 to Bristol. Day 3 to Ludlow. Day 4 to Chorley. Day 5 to Carlisle. Day 6 to Edinburgh. Day 7 to Newtonmore. Day 8 to Rogart. Day 9 to JoG.
We stayed mostly in Travelodges (days 1 to 6) Day 7 in Alvey House B&B (awesome place). Day 8 at Rogart Station (great venue). Most of the travelodges were very cheap, Alvey House £32 with the biggest breakfast ever!!!!! & Rogart Station was £14 to sleep on a train!:thumbsup:.So it was a cheap event for us. We rode on a lot of A-roads (not a problem in my eyes), you can munch the miles that way and we still saw a lot of great sights
If you need any more info just ask, Tony

Top Bottom