LEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After a false start with the PBP where work turned silly and I was unable to train for all the traveling I was doing I am determined to do the LEL next year.

I have started training and will be out on a few Audax's, who else is doing it?

yello

Me.

The preparation's not on track at the moment; I seem to be struggling with big mileage rides only having ridden over 100km thrice this year so far. I've been able to do 200s quiet happily before so I guess my legs have forgotten how!

The plan is to build up to 4 300s on consecutive days for this time next year. There's time yet to get there but I certainly want to be doing 300s before the end of August.

I was planning on doing it but after doing the Highclere 200k last weekend I'm pretty sure I'll need to buy a new bike for the LEL as my Cayo is way to race orientated for the LEL. What's everybody planning on riding? TBH I'm a bit reluctant to buy another bike but the LEL is only every 4 years and I think I may regret not doing this time round!!!

yello

Eat MY Dust said:
LEL is only every 4 years and I think I may regret not doing this time round!!!

That's my thinking too... and in 4 years time I'll be 4 years older.

I have an Aravis audax bike that I'll probably ride. It's heavier but better suited to the longer distances. I need to put some form of luggage carrying equipment on it; handlebar bag or saddle bag... or both, but other than that it's pretty much ready.

Top Bottom