1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEL

Discussion in 'Audax, Brevet and Randonnee' started by Riding in Circles, 11 Jun 2008.

1. Riding in Circles

Riding in Circles Veteran

After a false start with the PBP where work turned silly and I was unable to train for all the traveling I was doing I am determined to do the LEL next year.

I have started training and will be out on a few Audax's, who else is doing it?

2. yello

yello Guru

Me.

The preparation's not on track at the moment; I seem to be struggling with big mileage rides only having ridden over 100km thrice this year so far. I've been able to do 200s quiet happily before so I guess my legs have forgotten how!

The plan is to build up to 4 300s on consecutive days for this time next year. There's time yet to get there but I certainly want to be doing 300s before the end of August.

3. Riding in Circles

I know what you mean, I seem to hit 80km and feel worn out only to feel recovered at 100km, I'm doing 150km on Sunday.

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I might do it, if I can be arsed. At the moment, I can't even be arsed thinking about it.

5. redfox

redfox New Member

+1

6. I was planning on doing it but after doing the Highclere 200k last weekend I'm pretty sure I'll need to buy a new bike for the LEL as my Cayo is way to race orientated for the LEL. What's everybody planning on riding? TBH I'm a bit reluctant to buy another bike but the LEL is only every 4 years and I think I may regret not doing this time round!!!

7. yello

yello Guru

That's my thinking too... and in 4 years time I'll be 4 years older.

I have an Aravis audax bike that I'll probably ride. It's heavier but better suited to the longer distances. I need to put some form of luggage carrying equipment on it; handlebar bag or saddle bag... or both, but other than that it's pretty much ready.

8. Riding in Circles

I'll be on a Catrike Touriste.