Lets try this .

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by postman, 25 Apr 2010.

1. postman

postman Legendary Member

Just found this .Cables crossing over each other .Any Spesh Secteur Elite riders .Would you check yours for meI am awaiting an answer .

2. zacklaws

zacklaws Veteran

It might be a common thing, my Trek Madone has that set up.

3. kyuss

kyuss Veteran

When putting my last two bikes together I did that. Gives a neater cable routing at the front of the bike if you put the cable from the right shifter round the left of the headtube and vice versa. They then have to cross under the downtube so the BB cable guide routes them properly. Doesn't effect performance in any way.

4. Sounds like it's OK then,but I'd check when it goes in for it's 6 week check over just in case.

5. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Is it to do with/caused-by Spesh being a USA bikemaker having to swap-over the brake levers for the EU?

6. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

My Elite doesn't have crossover cables. Just checked.

Edit: But I do remember my old Spesh Globe had crossover cables.

7. Mista Preston

Mista Preston Veteran

My 2010 Roubaix Pro has this....was going to put it right when the cables needed changing but maybe I dont need to !

8. Andy84

Andy84 Über Member

My tricross has crossed cables as well. I just thought Evans had set it up wrong!

9. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

it is quite common
    no need to change if your bike has them

10. OP
    OP
    postman

postman Legendary Member

Thank you all .Have sent a photo and a request to speak with them .

To find out why it's done like that .

Never seen it .And to be quite honest i don't like the idea of the cables touching each other .But i will let you all know the reason for it .Tuesday night .
    Shop closed monday .

11. OP
    OP
    postman

postman Legendary Member

Just done some research .And it seems most Spesh bikes have this set up .

Other cyclists have noticed this cable routing .Even taking the bike back to the shop .

No detremental effect on performance .

12. Alien8

Alien8 Senior Moment

My (2009) Allez came crossed-over. Inners touching, not too much of a problem, but the inner-inner (the one nearest the down-tube at the cross-over point) contacted the down-tube itself. At the very least this would have worn the paintwork so I switched them back to straight routing which then gave plenty of clearance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice