Letter in the times (ID for cyclists)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
It wouldn't work as I usually cycle in the nude :laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
downfader said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/letters/article6922159.ece

Personally I think this is a daft idea. I've written two replies stating why too, one being that when I was hit last year my jacket was damaged - a tabbard will have a high chance off falling apart in a collision. Secondly ID on cars hasnt stopped the great swarms of uninsured drivers now has it. :thumbsup:

I am sure my 8 year old will look forward to the day when she requires a tabard, red flag, geo positioning chip and 3rd party insurance.......to take her bike to the sweet shop with her dad.;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Where do they get these silly ideas from :wacko: Next it will be tattooing a bar code to every ones forehead...

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
shouldbeinbed said:
nah, just tattoing it onto our forearms, to mark us out as the lower form of life that we are :laugh:

And this is exactly what strundles through my mind when people bang on about "identifying cyclists". I think of the Nazis. I know its a big leap but it happens.

I think it is brilliant!

I am starting a website called "SafeTabard" where such ruses as changing digits and claiming you are dyslexic will be promulgated. Also using lettering fonts that make them unreadable.

There wlll also be advice on how to wear someone else's Tabard (by mistake) and how to apply sprays so that they cannot be read by automated devices. Of course such simple things like claiming a foreign national was wearing your tabard do not require much discussion as they are obvious.

Finally we will demonstrate how to trawl the obituaries and claim a recently deceased person was wearing your tabard as the Police will not want to upset the family with a prosecution.

Top Bottom