Light Blue Robinson build-updated 17/01/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
So new job means I get a decent discount on some stuff so I've started a new build to (hopefully if I sell them :whistle:) replace the XLS and Ridley Icarus.

Gne for a light Blue Robinson(Reynolds 725 steel, disc brakes and mudguard/rack mounts) to be a comer come winter road bike.

Build will be with a 105 drivetrain plus Hope V-Twin brakes, headset,bb,seat post clamp and carbon seat post.

Wheels will be the Archetype/Novatec combo with Deda superleggera stem and Newton bars and a Fabric ti railed saddle;all of which came off other bikes.

So frame unpacked and loosely put together with the wheels;

IMG_0059.JPG

And then the Hope kit turned up so bb and headset are now on;

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

Next step is fit the V-Twin brakes,then the 105 will go on;all will be done in breaks at work(with a full workshop and Cytech mechanic at my disposal:smile:) so may be done this week:whistle:.

Only glitch so far is the mount for the brakes reservoir unit is a bit tight on the stem so will need a quick ream out to fit.

Oh other stuff to come will be some King Cage bottle cages and XT m9000 pedals;oh and need to see what a Tortec slim rack will cost as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Before anyone asks that's a customers Dave Yates cycle-cross bike in for a re-furb in the pic.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Bit of a change.

Added SP hub to front Archetype,Condor Poggia forks,Supernova and B&M lights.

IMG_1620.jpg

Shown with a Brooks saddle I'm trying at the mo:whistle: Bloody heavy though compared to the Fabric but it does look good.

Top Bottom