Lights, lights, lights...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
But Yenners what was the Spidah like in the metal so to speak?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

mondobongo said:
But Yenners what was the Spidah like in the metal so to speak?

Well lets put it this way Mondo - church st-lord st, castle st, water st, the strand (dock rd), tithbarn st., rammed with people to get a look at this thing !

I was saying to a mate: if it would have been independent of a support like vehicle by which was holding it up and being hled up by its own legs then it would have been TOTALLY cool - but for a youngster...fantastic !

col

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
..and more lights !

Anybody irritated by lights here :biggrin:

Went to see this today..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/capital_of_culture/la_machine/

And apart from the crowds, the traffic lights were chronic !

More should be done in centre's of towns and ciites as traffic lights simply slow everything down TOO much.

Your right there,we have just had a new sort of roundabout built on haughton road,its supposed to take traffic away from the top half of haughton road,and speed things up a bit,well it has that many sets of lights on it,i think it will slow things down and make it worse in rush hours,anyone on here from darlo,what do you think?I feel a big normal roundabout would have been better?

Keith Oates

Janner
I also don't like having to stop and start at many lights, but I suppose if they are helping to keep accident and death totals down, it's worth the inconvenience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
yenrod said:
Well lets put it this way Mondo - church st-lord st, castle st, water st, the strand (dock rd), tithbarn st., rammed with people to get a look at this thing !

I would have liked to have got down to see it, but as always work gets in the bloody way.

strofiwimple

Veteran
I couldn't agree more Yenners, I was in Liverpool recently for the firefighter games and it frustrated the hell out of me that getting from the uni sports centre near the wigwam to lime street stn to pick people up took just as long on a sunday morning as it did during rush hour. Sitting at one set of lights after another with no other traffic about when your in a hurry does nothing for the stress levels! I felt like driving through some of them but with so many cameras about it just wasnt worth it. I would have thought that it wouldnt be too difficult to make them sensored at quiet times?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

strofiwimple said:
I couldn't agree more Yenners, I was in Liverpool recently for the firefighter games and it frustrated the hell out of me that getting from the uni sports centre near the wigwam to lime street stn to pick people up took just as long on a sunday morning as it did during rush hour. Sitting at one set of lights after another with no other traffic about when your in a hurry does nothing for the stress levels! I felt like driving through some of them but with so many cameras about it just wasnt worth it. I would have thought that it wouldnt be too difficult to make them sensored at quiet times?

Sensored or I know its possbile to use a different type of traffic control but not lights.

jasper

You think lights are a problem, try this one lol:

pglondonCANARYWHARFtraffic.jpg

http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/london_photos/Canary_Wharf_Traffic_Lights.htm

Mr Pig

I don't think spiders are the answer to traffic congestion. Spiders know little about traffic flow and in fact usually hide from large moving objects.

Perhaps giant antelope?

Top Bottom