Lincoln Grand Prix 10 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

i didn't know there was a grand prix track in lincoln :tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I might be there. I went to watch last year, was a good day.
If anyone else is there, i will probably be the young person in full Sherwood CC kit with my fixed. And we will probably be watching the race somewhere near the top of the hill(with the hundreds of other people)
If you see me, come over and say hello:becool:
Its a good race to watch, and a nice ride there and back.
I was watching the East Midland Cicle Classic on sunday, if anyone was there. I dont think there was anyone there though:wacko:

bonj2

Gerry Attrick said:
Bonj, this is a cycling forum. The Lincoln Grand Prix is a high profile cycling race attracting top flight teams and riders

could've fooled me ;)

bonj2

i might go actually, as long as it's not early in the morning - doing the skeggy audax on the 9th.
Do they ride down steep hill, gee atherton style?

Joe24

Yep they ride up it, many times. They keep going around doing laps of the course.
Last year lots of people(might be most) dropped out within the first few laps. Someone we were talking to thought it was too dangerouse to carry on so dropped out

Joe24

Yeh, i think that was where we were.
I remember standing up there, and somene that was racing in a team stopped( we were just pased the feeding station) struggled to get off his bike and just went straight to the floor with pain from the cramps in his legs.
That was the hottest day the year had had so far, and it was abit hard.

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Mrs A and I had a thoroughly enjoyable day at the Lincoln GP. The weather was perfect, the company was perfect with a very knowledgeable crowd of appreciative spectators, the course was perfect as was the organisation. The tea and buns in the cafe were top notch as well! Hats off to all.

Many congratulations of course to Russell Downing who took first place after leading for most of the way. Congrats also due to Ian Wilkinson, Chris Newton and Russll's brother Dean for 2nd, 3rd and 4th places respectively.

The repeated climbs of Michaelgate split the field, but respect is due to all.

I will post pictures shortly.

Top Bottom