Live Local

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I normally use live local when planning some of my routes, and I like it... yesterday fine......... today I get rerouted to multi-map which is horrible. Does anyone know why?

Works fine for me, are you using a short cut or as a home page, they might have become overwritten by multi map.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Even clicking on that link I end up at multimap. And I can't zoom in close enough on the aerial photo or get road names overlaid.;)

Maz

Guru
summerdays said:
Even clicking on that link I end up at multimap. And I can't zoom in close enough on the aerial photo or get road names overlaid.;)

that link took me to Multimap as well.

Does this link take you to what you're after?

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No sorry - last night I did end up getting some message saying Multimap and Live local seemed to be merging to bring an improved service - ha not in my books. I used to be able to look at the aerial photo to notice land marks where I need to turn etc, now I can't see the road markings (useful to check out multi-lane bits).

I think I'm going to have to use Google maps instead - I hate it when something is improved by taking away functionality. I don't want loads of ads cluttering up the page - I want that space for the map.

Thanks for looking though.

PBancroft

I understand Live Local and Multimap are merging (M$ bought them out), but they don't share aerial maps yet. Live Local are also changing all of their maps in the US (going 3D in places).

Like with T5 these things never run smoothly. Give it a few months and I'm sure it will be going fine. Personally I still prefer Google maps anyway.

Top Bottom