Liverpool - Chester - Liverpool ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Anyone doing this ride tomorrow? It's quite a pleasant run, including 2 trips through the Mersey Tunnel (Queensway one usually). I'm going to check the weather early in the morning and if it's OK, I'll be riding. It'll be 4 tunnel passes for me as I'll be riding to the start and home from the end. Last year I was allowed to ride back through the tunnel the 'wrong' way at the end of the ride after having a quiet word with a policeman, otherwise it would have meant catching the ferry.

Total distance is roughly 54 miles if you go all the way to Chester and back, I'll probably clock up about 80 miles including my extra mileage to the start and home from the end.

For more info - http://www.pennineevents.co.uk/LiverpoolChesterBikeRide2008.htm

Hope to see some of you there ;)

Dave.

TWBNK

I'll be the overweight sweaty one at the rear that doesn't quite make it back in time to ride through the tunnel both ways.

And I'll be going over on the train!

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Not sure what the route is this year, but in the past I've called in at The Harp in Neston for a quick one on the way :thumbsup:

Dave.

TWBNK

Just to let you know, 54 miles is the furThest I have eVer ridden AND I am In TroUble For CaLLing IN at WehterspooNs in HoyL mORETIon

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Hehe, I bailed out, looked out of the window at 6:30 am and it was persisting down. I would have to leave my house at 7:00am to get to the start line in good time. It continued to rain until about 9:30 ish. I just did a local ride later in the morning instead, saw lots of L-C-L riders out though.

For the record, I hate riding in the rain. 150 mile rides with many thousand feet of climbing is OK by me, but throw in rain and I'm gone. Hate it.

Did you enjoy the day?

Dave.

TWBNK

Absolutely, Peed down at Capenhurst, sun came out soon after and I dried out eventually. The route was good and the company excellent. It got a bit disheartening when instead of flying down Singleton Ave towards the tunnel we had to keep on at the uphill through Oxton.

The 'quick pint' on the way home could have gone better. Even though I arrived home at six o'clock I am firmly under the impression that if we had a spare room that I would be sleeping in it.

The Day was excellent though, well chuffed with the missus who has cycled far further than ever before and then gone home and sorted the kids whilst i mulled over the ride with a pint.

Putting it like that I think I may have a lot of grovelling to do.

Top Bottom