Lock recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

panpipe

My bike was stolen earlier this week ;) Luckily it was insured and the company will replace it for me.

I obviously don't want it to happen again - or at least to minimise the chances - so was wondering what kind of lock(s) you would all recommend? It has been suggested already to me to use two different kinds of lock as this would need two tools.

I will probably talk work into letting me store the bike in the building during the day, but I need the locks anyway as they took that as well...

adscrim

Veteran
I've got one of these and can't recommend it enough - pricey but I think worth every penny

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Abus Granite X plus here too-they opened the New York Standard 3000 that I had very easily - Kryptonite thought it was ok to send me a replacement NY standard when I called up the company to claim my anti theft protection offer which looks like it will be a long drawn out and probably unsucessful affair...have very little faith in that lock tbh. Though as I've echoed in other posts - best to try and store your bike indoors as no lock is really theft proof. Good luck with getting the bike sorted.

scouserinlondon

I have a Kryptonite New York 3000, didn't realise it was so fragile, seems pretty solid to me.

I also have a Rhino motorcycle chain and lock at work too which I leave on the racks.

Top Bottom