London Bridge is down - what happens when the Queen dies...

Brandane

Rain; It's not big and it's not clever!
Presumably if she pops her clogs during the present Covid restrictions, funeral arrangements will all be a bit different? i.e. The same as the rest of us!

Who can attend a funeral?
Funeral ceremonies must have no more than 30 people attending, whether indoors or outdoors. This number does not include anyone working at the event.

The actual number of people able to attend will depend on how many people can be accommodated safely within the premises with social distancing, and where the organiser has carried out a risk assessment and taken all reasonable measures to limit the risk of transmission of COVID-19. In some cases, this may be fewer than 30 people. Keeping overall numbers as low as possible will reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.

Limits for funeral ceremonies held as part of communal worship that follows COVID-19 secure guidelines will be defined by the capacity of the place of worship. Guidance on places of worship is available.

Oldhippy

Über Member
What I would like to see is the remaining 'royal' family do more along the lines of the European families do real actual jobs for the population. Unlikely sadly due the isolationism and little islanders syndrome in favour currently. I think it is an out dated institution and they are only where they are is because a relationship in the past had a bigger army than another bloke. I think Phil might be on the way out. What is very irritating is when the newscaster says they are wearing well for their age blah blah. The fact they have access to immediate superb medical care and the best doctors is hardly surprising really.

Oldhippy

Über Member
The Daily Vile will use up a forest in pull out guides and endless interviews of posh people saying how kind she was and thought so much about her 'subjects' but not enough that she let them die on the streets as they had nowhere to live and so much other travesty entirely avoidable in a first world country. So sorry for my rant.

BoldonLad

Veteran
How so? No offence intended just my own view on the state of inequality in a wealthy nation.
If only homelessness could be solved by throwing some money at it.

Not a royalist by the way, their situation is just like the rest of us, ie, an accident of birth. I thank my lucky starts I was born in Northern Europe, in the 20th Century, but, it is sheer chance.

Last edited:

Brandane

Rain; It's not big and it's not clever!
Personally, I will feel some sadness when she finally goes; not least because of the clown that is set to inherit the crown :rolleyes:.
She has served us well IMHO; and it is no fault of hers that she was born into a privileged family. What was she supposed to do, turn it all down? Privilege (or otherwise) of birth is a fact of life for every single human being - which some need to learn to accept.

Oldhippy

Über Member
I of course appreciate that. If I had that kind of prestige I would be constantly poking Boris and his ilk in the big political shed down the road to pull their fingers from their bottoms and do something meaningful.

I of course appreciate that. If I had that kind of prestige I would be constantly poking Boris and his ilk in the big political shed down the road to pull their fingers from their bottoms and do something meaningful.
If you had been born with that amount of privilege and wealth you have no idea of how your ideas might have turned out.

We are all products of our upbringing and environment.

When she dies I will feel a moment's sympathy as I do with the death of any other person, get a bit bored with the wall-to-wall coverage, look at the rest of the day's news, and I shall then get on with my life as before.

Oldhippy

Über Member
I agree Rusty, it just grates when people think royalty is some kind of 'other' human being. They are absurdly lucky individuals whose family hit harder in the past. Even with tradition it must be plain that the inequalities need addressing.

Top Bottom