London riots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
When the London floods due the global warming and you can just make out the top of the St Pauls cathedral it will stop all the rioting.

mangaman

[QUOTE 1499473"]
Yes - there was a football riot in the subuteo stands as well that day. Home game, I believe, against Dukla Prague.

[/quote]

I remember it well.

My job was to get a message through to Captain Snort, that he better start assembling the boys from the fort.

Happy days.

Stephenite

Membå
[QUOTE 1499473"]
Yes - there was a football riot in the subuteo stands as well that day. Home game, I believe, against Dukla Prague.

[/quote]

Wasnt that Duplo Prague?

:laugh: :sad:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I Havent followed this thread much as I think there has been too much coverage in the media as it is but this morning to get a way from the news from Libya I changed to channel 12 and seen the back end of a program that covered criminal activity in WW2 and what was done about it. It was strange there we were at war with our backs to the wall and every one pulling together apart from a fair sized group that was useing the war as one big thieving spree and this at a time when corpral and capital punishment was still in force. I am in no way defending those that took part in the recent riots but it is nothing new and there was no solutions found in WW2 so what chance have we got to find a solution today?, other than banging as many of these people up as possible and keeping them banged up but at the same time making sure that they earn theire keep while they are in prison.
a very good (if slightly gloomy) point. I've read that rings were taken from the fingers of people killed when the Cafe Royal was blitzed.

U

User482

Enough people will be released (early if necessary) to ensure that the prison population is not higher in six months than it is now.

Reassured now? :evil:

At a guess, the people being released early will have committed far more serious crimes than most of those convicted for their crimes during the riots.

It is a gloomy day up here as I prepare for a trip down to Penzance on Monday and onwards to Southampton and the gloom is not lifted at the thoughts of what are we going to do with our growing community of people who scrounge and steal off those of us who have worked hard for what we have got.
There is no way that I would want capital punishment brought back but I can not help thinking that usefull forced labour as part of the sentence for rioters and the like would be better than just locking them away and I mean hard labour both for the male and female prisoners. This would not stop people re-offending but at least we would get some thing out of them and it would cost less than the present system. I have no problem with prisoners being fitted with leg irons to stop them running away while working on a chain gang cleaning the road verges or clearing the mess on the fells.

Top Bottom