Long-Bailey sacked for sharing "anti Semitic" article

Has anyone else noticed that the letter by European parliamentarians against the (illegal - my opinion) Israeli annexation of (illegally - under international law) occupied territories in the West Bank has been signed by Margaret Hodge and Julia Neuberger, both vociferous opponents of antisemitism in the Labour party? It hasn't been signed by Keir Starmer. Just sayin'.
Also not signed by Nicola Sturgeon, Willie Rennie, Richard Leonard or Caroline Lucas. Maybe there's a convention that says party leaders don't sign these things? I dunno tbh.

Agree that what they're doing is reprehensible and should be met with sanctions.

theclaud

It's teeceegawnmaaaad

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Having sampled some very decent wine and a variety of acceptable malts, I may have lost some desirable inhibitions, which I may shortly regret.

Has anyone else noticed that the letter by European parliamentarians against the (illegal - my opinion) Israeli annexation of (illegally - under international law) occupied territories in the West Bank has been signed by Margaret Hodge and Julia Neuberger, both vociferous opponents of antisemitism in the Labour party? It hasn't been signed by Keir Starmer. Just sayin'.

Actually, it's worth scrolling through the signatories and noting the Tory "Big Beasts" who have signed up. Will it have any effect?
Yes yes, all very worthy, incisive and globally scoped @Poacher .

Sounds like you're fairly well across the issues :okay:

But, what we really need to know..

Jam or cream first?? :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Jam, of course!

Apricot or blackcurrant?
Correct order - a point on the spreadsheet :okay:

My preference would be raspberry, a nice sharp contrast to the cream..

Blackcurrant maybe, but the cats wee scent doesn't really go with the almost cheesey cream.

Strawberry is classic, if a tad bland.

But apricot ??? :stop:
Thats wayy too claggy and sweet..

What are you thinking of man??

Clearly still befuddled from last nights session :rolleyes:

MichaelW2

Veteran
The natural assumption by the interviewee in the Independent and the reposter was that if bad stuff is happening it must be traceable to Israel. The reference to an Amnesty International report in the interview contained no supporting evidence that Israelis taught the chokehold to US police.
A brief Google search on the history of US police chokehold will show that LAPD practically banned the manoeuvre in 1982.

Pink Floyd member Rodger Waters, a prominent supporter of the BDS campaign, blogged that the Israelis actually invented kneeling on the neck. After much ridicule he consulted an expert and discovered that people had been doing this before Israel was a thing.

Kneeling on the face , shoulders and neck is commonplace in many police forces around the world. Chinese police in HK have used it. I had a Google search on deaths caused to Palestinians by this method and found nothing. If it had happened it would have been widely reported. In the absence of Palestinian victims, anti Israel bloggers have been repurposing neck kneeling videos from Sweden and Chile as Israeli police brutality.

Last edited:

MichaelW2

Veteran
This is a useful article to read if you want to understand why Israel wants to do this illegal annexing of Palestinian lands now, whilst Trump is still in power.

And why Trump may be keen to endorse this illegal, UN condemned annexing, before the November elections

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/28/growing-hostility-may-force-israel-to-pause-annexation-plan

I know its not Long- Bailey sacking specific, but it gives useful background to the whole issue imo.
In today's Guardian
"
Given the pivotal role the Israel Defence Forces would play in implementing the plan, the views of 220 former senior commanders of the IDF, the police, and the Mossad and Shin Bet security agencies carry weight. They have jointly called on Israel to adhere to the UN-backed two-state route, which they describe as “essential for Israel’s security” and its democratic future.
"

theclaud

It's teeceegawnmaaaad
The natural assumption by the interviewee in the Independent and the reposter was that if bad stuff is happening it must be traceable to Israel.
Mind reader, eh? Peake is one of RLB's constituents, a prominent Labour campaigner, and a very well-known and well-liked actor. For RLB to call her a 'diamond' doesn't warrant even a twitch of the eyebrow. Peake's a volunteer in Palestine, and the connection between state repression in the two places was on her mind, as it should be. No-one involved actually thinks Israelis invented kneeling on people - that would be ridiculous. It would also be ridiculous to believe that the Israeli forces don't kneel on people in the course of their everyday brutalisation of the Palestinians. Quit with the disingenuous nonsense.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
In today's Guardian
"
Given the pivotal role the Israel Defence Forces would play in implementing the plan, the views of 220 former senior commanders of the IDF, the police, and the Mossad and Shin Bet security agencies carry weight. They have jointly called on Israel to adhere to the UN-backed two-state route, which they describe as “essential for Israel’s security” and its democratic future.
"

Exactly.

How can annexing other peoples lands bring about a just two state solution ??

Its a horrible mess, and I can't even mediate properly in the jam / cream debate, so can't claim to have any solid answers.

But Israels current abuse of power actions can't possibly be a route to peaceful and just coexistence. :wacko:

MichaelW2

Veteran
Mind reader, eh? Peake is one of RLB's constituents, a prominent Labour campaigner, and a very well-known and well-liked actor. For RLB to call her a 'diamond' doesn't warrant even a twitch of the eyebrow. Peake's a volunteer in Palestine, and the connection between state repression in the two places was on her mind, as it should be. No-one involved actually thinks Israelis invented kneeling on people - that would be ridiculous. It would also be ridiculous to believe that the Israeli forces don't kneel on people in the course of their everyday brutalisation of the Palestinians. Quit with the disingenuous nonsense.
The kneeling chokehold that killed Floyd was described by Waters as “an Israeli technique, proudly developed by the IDF in the occupied territories in Palestine.”

https://www.rt.com/news/492851-roger-waters-israel-us-police-brutality/

If anti Israel pro Palestinian campaigners didn't make stuff up they would still have plenty to say, so why fabricate stories.

theclaud

It's teeceegawnmaaaad

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
WTF has that to do with RLB?

As far as I can make out it's a very long winded justification for sacking a woman, who retweeted an article by another woman, who made a passing reference, in a much longer contextualised article, to an Israeli secret service technique that of course wasn't 'invented' by them.

But 'maybe who knows' was passed on by them as an 'effective' method.

I'm sure Ugg, knelt on Oggs neck, at some point, in the proceedings over who gets the mammoth heart for his family..

violence and abuse of power has been endemic since before hand axes were invented.
But the whole thing us used as a pointless deflection, and distraction from the very current abuse of power of one mighty nation state, over a pretty tiny powerless one.

But hey a 'mouthy' woman got the sack along the way, so that must be a good thing right :okay:

dutchguylivingintheuk

Actually its there in black and white - you have stated that it is Palestine (a?) in its current form thats is the culprit -
I also stated that i also don't agree with Isreal's annexation, so in terms on what the international community agreed with it is very simple. on who's to blame for what it's more complicated and the look away mentality when it comes down to Palestinian war crimes is terrible. In any book moving your rockect launching capabilities purposely into schools and other buildings where they cause extra civilian harm or moving women and children into likely targets is a war crime. However if the Palestinians do it it is ignored, until they really can't deny the evidence anymore.. (proof here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Fakhura_school_incident#:~:text=4 Initial reactions-,Overview,which exploded outside the school. and admitted in 2014 https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/09/hamas-quietly-admits-it-fired-rockets-from-civilian-areas/380149/
The Oslo accord was undermined on both sides as far as i can make out - firstly because Israel wouldn't withdraw troops from Gaza and Hebron which was part of the agreement, and then in fact, increased the rate of settlement. The PLO then in turn responded with increased hostilities .
''After a wave of violence between Israelis and Palestinians in 2015, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announced that Palestinians would no longer be bound by the Oslo Accords. '' source: https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tracker/conflict/israeli-palestinian-conflict indeed to link you posted earlier.

Top Bottom