Long distance - how old is too old?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpuddyJones

Ah, Matt - thank you so much for your very kind review!

Really is impossible for me to try to explain what that means to me. I put a lot of work into the blog and a positive review like yours really does give me a warm glow inside and the urge to keep it going. I haven't got any long rides planned at the moment as I am still recovering from injury that has been recurring, but really flared up after the latest ride. I'll be back though, I am sure of that - just keeping things short at the moment, commuting is all.

Do please feel free to add any comments you wish to the blog entries themselves, they'll be very gratefully received!

I love your confidence in me, it would be great if I can live up to your expectations and bag TCR one year. I do try to keep the blog honest as there are lots of blogs on long and ultradistance cycling, but most never mention things going wrong, injury, that sort of thing. I am very much just a normal human being, not some kind of super-cyclist and I like that to come across in the blog.

Good luck with your riding and I have every confidence that you will bag your 100 miler, do let everybody here know when you do that.

All the best,
Nick.

Thanks, will do. I've requested to follow you on Strava btw.

Also, would love to know more about the kit you have been using to date - bike, GPS, bags/storage etc. I am currently after a bike with more of an endurance geometry than my Ribble R872, so any real world feedback would be appreciated.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hello Matt,

Just responded to your request, good to connect with you. Funnily enough, I have been planning to write up a kit list for some time, so I will be doing that soon for you, with a bit of a write up on each piece of kit that I use - I hope that will be helpful for you. I will probably include any bike fits I have had done (planning one soon), and what you can expect from those.

Thanks,
Nick.

SpuddyJones

Sorry to hijack Nick, but just wanted to say I cracked my 100 miler earlier this week. I wasn’t fast, but an average of 15.1mph and I felt good afterwords. I certainly think 200km is doable.

How’s your training going? Any long distance rides planned?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hijack Nick, but just wanted to say I cracked my 100 miler earlier this week. I wasn’t fast, but an average of 15.1mph and I felt good afterwords. I certainly think 200km is doable.

How’s your training going? Any long distance rides planned?
Well done yourself that man.
You say you wasnt fast...well I beg to differ. Thats a great average for a 100 miler.

Top Bottom