Long Way Home...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I took a longer route home from work tonight, brilliant ride although I had to jump off and push the bike up one hill for about 100 yards which I'm now absolutely gutted about! It took me about an hour and a quarter which was with a couple of stops, one to take pics and one to stop myself dying by the roadside! I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to doing it quicker next time.

Here's the route
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bik e-path/Work-to-Home-via-North- Third,
some good climbs which, I'm afraid, I went up in first or second gear!

snakehips

It's great when you can do that. When the weather is nice enough , when the evening is light enough , when you have got a route that is even worth photographing ........... bliss!

And that hill will get easier

Got any nice pics from your ride to show us ?

snakehips.jpg

Snakehips Bikes

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I left work at 5.45pm and walked in the door at 7.01pm. I only got one pic taken over the reservoir; I should have taken more but I didn't get round to thinking about it before it was going really dark! I'll upload to flickr and post it up in a bit.

brilliant ride although I had to jump off and push the bike up one hill for about 100 yards which I'm now absolutely gutted about!

Take it at your own pace mate.I find that best now as opposed to making yourself ill or injured.How many miles is it?

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
11 miles, with a 360m overall climb made up of what seemed like many individual climbs to get up to that height. I realise the link above doesn't actually work, for some reason I have to log in to bikely to see it despite me making it available for public viewing. I don't think it was a case of me doing any harm to myself, I just wimped out! I'm still pleased enough at time I did it in though I'll try and beat it next time!

eldudino said:
11 miles, with a 360m overall climb made up of what seemed like many individual climbs to get up to that height. I realise the link above doesn't actually work, for some reason I have to log in to bikely to see it despite me making it available for public viewing. I don't think it was a case of me doing any harm to myself, I just wimped out! I'm still pleased enough at time I did it in though I'll try and beat it next time!
The link not working is bizarre, I can find the route by searching for a 11-12 mile route in Stirling. The CC ride went there a few times and the roads are very cycle friendly.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
HLaB said:
The link not working is bizarre, I can find the route by searching for a 11-12 mile route in Stirling. The CC ride went there a few times and the roads are very cycle friendly.

Fark! That's a monster ride (to me), I'm glad the ride at the end of the month is a bit shorter!

Check out the pic I took at overlooking the North Third Reservior.
3347781802_62a44e70a3.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's a cracking view....... lucky fella....

I have an extended 20 mile return commute that's nice - goes past the end of Manchester Airport's Runway "planes on me head" - then off into the country for a bit and onto my weekend routes....makes a great change, although I don't do it on the MTB, it's for the road bike.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Cheers guys. I went for a longer ride in today, only an extra mile and a half but on the way back I did 9 miles instead of the usual 4. I did take a less dramatic route and managed to keep up a 12mph average speed. Doesn't sound too good but there were a couple of climbs that got my heart rate up!

Top Bottom