longer seat post needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DLB

Since buying my hybrid just over a year ago i've been riding it with the seatpost about 3 or 4cm above the max insertion line. Yes, i know, a bad idea which could damage the frame :biggrin:. So i have finally got round to buying a replacement. The problem i have is that wiggle and CRC only give the overall length of the seatpost and not the height above the max insertion level. How can i know if the post will be long enough.

Please don't suggest the LBS as one couldn't help me and i wouldn't go in the other if it was the last shop on earth.

Oh and i'm on a slim budget (post xmas - the cheaper the better) and don't care about reducing weight

Any advice would be nice :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If you work on a figure of 25% of the overall length for minimum frame insertion you should be ok.

OP
OP
D

DLB

Just looking around on wiggle CRC etc and i've found a seatpost that's 400mm by 27.0 for for £12. I need a 400mm by 27.2mm. So only 0.2 mm difference. Can i use this post or is it a bad idea?

The next cheapest post that i can find in black 400mmx27.2 is nearly double the price and i could do with saving the cash difference if possible.

Top Bottom