Look Keos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Balls!
I think my pedals are going to break again.;)
I noticed yesterday that the bit that came out is coming out from the other side. Luckily i have managed to see it and so i've pushed it back in again.
Should i put some glue on them to stop them coming out?
What is it thats making them come out. Its not always been on the side i unclip from either.
Its sort of annoying me, i dont wont it to go when i'm on a club ride and it be a pig to get back.
Its not even the same model, the new ones i got look different to the others one i had.
What do you reckon?

DO not glue it take it back to the shop!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Bonj, which ones do you have?
What holds on the springs and the clippy bit?
On the Keos its just a twist pin that you just push in and is ment to hold.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

The axle is going on them aswell:sad:
I took it into the bike shop thinking the bottom bracket was making a noise, but he tested it and there is no wiggle on it. He then wiggled the pedals and felt them wiggle. I then wiggled the peddals and felt the axle move. Happening on the right more then the left.
Bugger:sad:
So what are the next decent peddle, the guy in LBS showed me some Shimano ones, the ones i were keen on was the 105 SPD-SL ones. They are a tad more then the Keo's though.
Not in a rush to change them, i can wait until they go some more and when the screw bit comes out completely and just goes somewhere.
Which ones do you reckon?

monnet

Guru
Get Shimano!

I've had various pairs of Looks over the years (and so has my old man) and they've been consistently sh1te. The only reason I still use Look cleats is that I've got really old (about 10-12 years old) Look compatible Shimano pedals that were made before Shimano introduced their own system. As it happens though i'm about to make the switch to Shimano SPDSL in the coming week. Shimano are much better value too.

To summarise,in case I've not made it clear, ditch Look, buy Shimano!

monnet

Guru
Get either the Shimano 5610's (105) or 6620's (Ultegra). If you get them off the internet you can usually pick up the 5610's for between £35-£40 and the Ultegra's from about £45.

Now old are you Keo's?

domtyler

Über Member
The Ultegra 6620's are far better than the 105's. They are a different design and all the plastic bits of the 105 is replaced with metal. They are very durable and fantastic pedals, the best out there if you ask me.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

spandex said:
Now old are you Keo's?

Hmm, maybe about a month? Might be abit more, not sure. I got them last month in exchange when my last set broke. They are the Look Keo Classics.
Thanks for that Monnet, wasnt sure which one to go for.
I think the 5610's will have to be the ones as they are about what i can afford.
The problem is i do a decent amount of miles each month so they do take abit of a hammering.
I would go for the 6620's but they are too much, and i cant afford to spend that much at the moment.

So its a month or so. Take it back to the shop and tell them this set has gone as well and you wish to use the money I payed for them to get a set of ..... (which ever ones you couse).

Dont take no from them as you have a years warranty!

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj, which ones do you have?
What holds on the springs and the clippy bit?
On the Keos its just a twist pin that you just push in and is ment to hold.

i've got ultegra 6620s on my road bike now.
The "axle" of the clip-in bit is fully enclosed by (and held on by) the body of the pedal, you can't get to the 'ends' of it. I don't think you could take the clippy bit out if you tried, unless you completely smashed it to bits.

Top Bottom