Look what I've just bought :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
I've just bought my self 2 types of spoke lights and am going to be doing a video review when they come.

I've made a little review explaining what I've bought, and you can see that below :smile:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-bUxMtLbo[/media]

For a couple quid I figure they're worth a go! You could get some which could even do patterns and write words as you pedal and things...but they seemed a bit bulkier so I haven't gone for them. If these spoke lights are good maybe I will. These are just a few quid as well.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I've just bought my self 2 types of spoke lights and am going to be doing a video review when they come.

I've made a little review explaining what I've bought, and you can see that below :smile:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-bUxMtLbo[/media]

For a couple quid I figure they're worth a go! You could get some which could even do patterns and write words as you pedal and things...but they seemed a bit bulkier so I haven't gone for them. If these spoke lights are good maybe I will. These are just a few quid as well.

They were selling those in tesco for about a quid for 2. Different name, same product. Saw them about a month back

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
They were selling those in tesco for about a quid for 2. Different name, same product. Saw them about a month back

So I've been ripped off. bah!! haha.

the second set have apparently been dispatched already...shame it'll take the next month to get here lol.

Oh well...better than shopping in tesco's
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
They're aimed at three year olds.

but they're sooo coooooool!!!! Why do you think I bought them? :biggrin:

and, maybe unbalanced, but I highly doubt they'll cause me to suddenly be swerving all over the the carriageway. certainly a bit of side viability and a "ooohhh" factor from drivers who notice me is probably worth it.

jimboalee

Look what I just bought :biggrin:

A minature torch...

P1313_07-11-10.jpg

With one of these attached to the other end....

P1314_07-11-10.jpg

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Well, that's just useless. If you're trying to cut something in the dark you won't be able to see what you're doing...but the light will blind you and you will cut your finger off :rolleyes:

Is that torch even good at that size? lol

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You need both really. The spoke lights to make you more visible to cars from the side and the knife to deal with motorists that still dont see you :biggrin:

A guy in our club bought some lights that screw on in place of a valve cap.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
You need both really. The spoke lights to make you more visible to cars from the side and the knife to deal with motorists that still dont see you :biggrin:

A guy in our club bought some lights that screw on in place of a valve cap.

hahaha! And the valve cap ones are the first type I bought :smile:...only 99p each so worth a go!

There are a couple of people I see using these, a chap on my commute and a local paper boy,I see them from a mile off ( from the side anyway) I think they're a great idea as many cyclists have next to zero side visibility to other road users. I commute in a high viz reflective vest over my fluorescent jacket and have reflective bands on my trousers ( I work on the streets in the dark anyway) I've even cut an old vest up and attached it over my panniers to give me more side profile. Working on the streets and in the past for 15 years having been a HGV driver make you realize how easy it is to miss seeing someone when there is so much going on around you. Especially half wit cyclists with no lights dressed in black !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better looking like a live idiot than a dead cool guy :smile:

jimboalee

I once saw a guy ( many years ago ) riding with reflective anklebands ( cycle clips in the old language ). I think they were those metal things that wrap round automatically.

The one on his left leg was red, and the one on his right leg was green.

He must have had a spare pair at home.

I couldn't decide if he was a sailor, but then realised we were cycling toward Birmingham International Airport.

Top Bottom