Looking for a bike from the past (Lemond titanium)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

Way back in 1993/94 I was working for a while in Telford. On occasion I would call in at Parker International to pick up a few bits and bobs and drool over some of their bikes.

One in particular was a Lemond Titanium frameset, in blue and yellow with some of the natural titanium also showing. Parker priced it up for me but even then it would have cost about £2500 with Campag Record.

So I didn't buy it, but now I wish I had. I religiously study ebay every day (both home and abroad) in case one appears for sale, but it never does.

Is this a reflection of a lack of longevity of titanium frames - have they all long since been consigned to the scrapheap? - or, at that price, were there just very few sold?

Needless to say, if anyone knows of one anywhere, maybe you could let me know.

bc

p.s. also looking for a Motorola Merkx .....

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

Oh dear....3 days, 32 views and....no replies.

"Newbie commits cardinal sin of posting boring thread"....

Sorry everyone, I'll try to do better in future. Promise.

[Hangs head in shame]

bc

mondobongo

Über Member
Not a boring thread BC, its the type of thread people read and if cant help tend not to reply to.

Someone will have one somewhere might be worth keeping an eye on retrobike they have a listing for whats currently being auctioned off.

No need to hang head in shame.

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

Nicensleazy said:
Now yout talking Mark......a great frame and a great rider!

Warren, I agree...

I gave up trying to find the full ti frame from the nineties and I'm currently building up a s/h Lemond Victoire which is the carbon titanium mixed frame, the same (I understand) as the carbon / ti Tete de Course frame which had a better fork.

This build is what I was after the campag bits for. As of yesterday I won some Record carbon shifters on ebay so I'm nearly done.

I'll post some pictures when it's finished. I think it's going to be a great riding bike (I hope).

bc

Top Bottom