Looking for a bike - Need help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levenstein

Regular
Hello everyone! My first topic/post.

I have decided to purchase a bike to get to work with instead of the car.

Now, I currently live in Ireland and bikes seem to be very expensive, even second hand from websites like donedeal.ie.

I searched around and found the following guy selling second hand bikes:

http://www.dublinbik...m/MensBikes.htm

I thought this one looked good:

Cube, 58cm frame, 10 speed, new tyres and inner tubes, new brake blocks, 190€

04052011893.jpg

I am 6foot, can anyone suggest which bike looks the best condition and price to go for from this seller? Or if you know of anywhere else to look at getting a bike, it will be greatly appreciated.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
What kind of riding will your communte involve? On-road, off road? Will you require luggage carrying abiltities? Also, is the terrain where you like hilly?

OP
OP
L

levenstein

Regular
Thanks for the reply Herzog!

All riding will be on road, it will only be around 10 minutes on bike, but I will also use it for heading down to the city centre which will be about 20minutes one way.

I don't require and luggage carrying facilities as I can just use a backpack.

Most is flat apart from me living on a very steep hill, although I'm not far up it....50-80 metres maybe

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Thanks for the reply Herzog!

All riding will be on road, it will only be around 10 minutes on bike, but I will also use it for heading down to the city centre which will be about 20minutes one way.

I don't require and luggage carrying facilities as I can just use a backpack.

Most is flat apart from me living on a very steep hill, although I'm not far up it....50-80 metres maybe

In that case a road bike would do the job nicely. With regards to the actual bike, I can't give you much advice. Cube make respected road bike (now at least), but I've no experience of their older ones. The price depends on numerous factors (groupset etc.,). Best advice would be to go for a test ride.

New tyres, inner tubes and brake blocks wouldn't cost the seller that much, so don't be influenced by that. 190 Euro might be pushing it a little.

Top Bottom