Looking for good family rides (Gloucs/Wilts)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Hi

We moved down from the Peak District earlier this year.

I'm looking for some places to cycle traffic-free with the family!

Thx

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Forest of Dean too far for you?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Forest of Dean too far for you?
We've done the FOD a number of times over the years with friends and family, and now my friends are trying to persuade me to try the mountain bike trails rather than the family trail there.

I see you've written Cirencester for your location, I remember doing a cycle path in Stroud with my children quite a few years ago, then further afield there's loads around Bristol from the well known Bristol and Bath cycle path, to routes around the docks, the path to Pill, and Ashton Court for example.

And if heading South from you there are the paths along side the River Avon that I've done several sections of.

Cirencester itself is one area I don't know I'm afraid, if you were wanting more local.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
No, that's great, thanks!

There are bits and pieces around C'ster that I can do with no1 son, but the little kids would struggle.

FOD sounds good, as does Bristol.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If you want information on Bristol then there are usually maps on the Better by Bike site.... But I'm struggling to find them, though found these downloadable routes...

Finally found the map page, you can pick up the paper copy of these maps from bike shops in Bristol or libraries

RMurphy195

If you park at Frampton on Severn there are a number of routes you can take from there, looping around the lanes next to the river, and the Gloucester-Sharpness canal.

There's some very flat bits and some with gentle rolling hills.

You'll find several family-freindly places for refreshment on the routes as well.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The Two Tunnels near Bath are exciting for a family ride. They have a nice loop ride available too, although you might find the kids need to walk through Bath itself.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Thanks all, off to Forest of Dean on Saturday...

Top Bottom