Looking for the cheapest camera possible.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
As the title says, I am searching for the cheapest camera for sale. I want to be able to buy about 2/3 of these to mount on my bikes and my hemlet.
They will be mainly rear facing so the quality does not have to be perfect. I also need ones which have a relatively good battery life (2 hours when fully charged). They also need to be in the 'bullet cam' style.

The most I am willing to pay is £20. And they need to be from popular sites which are trustworthy.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
look at the 808 keychain stuff..

Be wary, you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Well as my camera has now broke because the lense has come off, I am looking into getting a medium range helmet camera and a bottom of the range rear camera.

Helmet camera ideas:
Either Drift HD, decent Veho Muvi, Camsports, or similar.

Rear facing:
Cheap Veho Muvi, dogcam, or similar.

I have also been looking at cheap camcorders from argos (£50-£100). The only problem with them is that they are quite big and mounts for them are difficult to find.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I am not a huge fan of the 7dayshop bullet camera. I bought one last year attracted by its low price as I was initially dubious about filming my commutes and didn't want a big outlay if I discovered that it wasn't for me.
The picture quality is acceptable (640 x 480 pixels) although the sound is muffled and plagued by the rattle from the switch on the top. The problem I find is that it randomly turns itself off whilst recording. I attached to my helmet with a hair bobble this afternoon to give it another try and it switched itself off within a minute of beginning a recording, it was fully charged at the time as well. But then I leave it running for 10 minutes without problems and then again on the ride home without issue. It is totally random and just shows that you do indeed get what you pay for with electronics.

It has served its purpose having captured a few incidents on the road and can be seen on my YouTube channel. These were filmed many months ago when I had a regular commute, having only just got another job I haven't had the chance to resume filming.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTMaccabee/videos

I will, when money is in hand, buy a HD helmet cam as I feel that it would benefit me. A Contour Roam is top of the list ATM but not cheap at £160! :eek:

subaqua

What’s the point
I am not a huge fan of the 7dayshop bullet camera. I bought one last year attracted by its low price as I was initially dubious about filming my commutes and didn't want a big outlay if I discovered that it wasn't for me.
The picture quality is acceptable (640 x 480 pixels) although the sound is muffled and plagued by the rattle from the switch on the top. The problem I find is that it randomly turns itself off whilst recording. I attached to my helmet with a hair bobble this afternoon to give it another try and it switched itself off within a minute of beginning a recording, it was fully charged at the time as well. But then I leave it running for 10 minutes without problems and then again on the ride home without issue. It is totally random and just shows that you do indeed get what you pay for with electronics.

It has served its purpose having captured a few incidents on the road and can be seen on my YouTube channel. These were filmed many months ago when I had a regular commute, having only just got another job I haven't had the chance to resume filming.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTMaccabee/videos

I will, when money is in hand, buy a HD helmet cam as I feel that it would benefit me. A Contour Roam is top of the list ATM but not cheap at £160! :eek:

so its not just me then.
http://uk.oregonscientific.com/cat-Outdoor-sub-Action-Cam-prod-ATC9K-HD-Action-Camera.html with the GPS bundle for an extra £30. I shoukld have got one in January when the whole bundler was £199

Top Bottom