Looking for thoughts comments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

and_live

I am doing some work on British Cycling's coaching and education programme and I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the current coaching courses and education offered by British Cycling. Any coments are welcome but I'm particularly interested in resposes to:

- Do they offer education at a local level for people involved with clubs that don't
necessarily coach e.g. chairpersons, volunteers etc?

- Do they offer education on a local level on spotting talent of both performers and
coaches?

- Do you feel that is any lack in provison?

Even if you can't answer these questions, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

andharwheel

Why dont you contact about these questions, you can sometimes find someone who can give you a bit of help. Also are you a member of a cycling club, there is bound to be folk who are involved with the BCF. One my club mates contacted Scottish Cycling (part of the BCF) and got useful help.

OP
OP
A

and_live

I'm not a member of a cycle club myself this is a piece of research i'm doing for my job. What I'm interested in is what the people in local clubs are thinking and feeling rather than what BC have to say. I've spoken to some in my local area but just wanted to open the questions to a wider community.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I'm in a cross over place wrt cycling - tourist turned sporty. BC seem only keen on supporting the best racers generally and I've never known any help from them as far as my sporty/racer club is concerned. However I have been riding the velodrome recently and there is a BC coach for those sessions. First time for everything I guess. I notice that veteran road racing has split off from BC. So now there is the LVRC. What is it about BC that caused this? And why can't/won't BC and CTT combine? Throughout my 40+ years I don't think I've ever seen help from BC (excepting the velodrome). Now the CTC - that's a much better experience IMHO.

snorri

Legendary Member
and_live said:
Even if you can't answer these questions, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.[/FONT]
This forum caters for wide cycling interests, and many visitors to the Cafe section have no interest in competitive cycling.
I think you might get a better response in the Racing section. ;)

Top Bottom