Lost eight pounds in weight.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So the main thing to update about our ride from Scarborough is that i have been ill.I must say i don't do silly things like colds or flu.I go for knee ops or growths non malignant in delicate places.
But because of the cold wind 54 miles of it week last Friday.I got one of those what i call face colds.A load of crap behind the eyes sore throat sneezing and coughing crap off the chest which is stuck better than superglue.
The amount of crap settling in my stomach has set off reflux indigestion.Terrible gut pain for which i have been given Lansoprazole to settle it down.I'm off foods like chocolate,cheese,onions,gravy,ice cream,cream.Cut down on my coffee intake and no Lattes or beer or wine for a month.I feel like s====.Washed out lethargic and totally fed up.I have not even cleaned the bike yet.On two morning my eyelids were glued together i even had gunge leaking out of my tear ducts.And soon as i get into bed i start coughing.No drugs it will go by it's self Doctor told me.
Food intake down but the best thing is i have lost eight pounds now 15st 1lb.Not looking good for clearing up this week either.But at least i am getting out of the house tomorrow for a walk to Sainsburys.
Right rant over.

krushavik

So the main thing to update about our ride from Scarborough is that i have been ill.I must say i don't do silly things like colds or flu.I go for knee ops or growths non malignant in delicate places.
But because of the cold wind 54 miles of it week last Friday.I got one of those what i call face colds.A load of crap behind the eyes sore throat sneezing and coughing crap off the chest which is stuck better than superglue.
The amount of crap settling in my stomach has set off reflux indigestion.Terrible gut pain for which i have been given Lansoprazole to settle it down.I'm off foods like chocolate,cheese,onions,gravy,ice cream,cream.Cut down on my coffee intake and no Lattes or beer or wine for a month.I feel like s====.Washed out lethargic and totally fed up.I have not even cleaned the bike yet.On two morning my eyelids were glued together i even had gunge leaking out of my tear ducts.And soon as i get into bed i start coughing.No drugs it will go by it's self Doctor told me.
Food intake down but the best thing is i have lost eight pounds now 15st 1lb.Not looking good for clearing up this week either.But at least i am getting out of the house tomorrow for a walk to Sainsburys.
Right rant over.

Thatsanother thing off your chest. Well done.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Hah!

I can beat that.

I have lost a stone during my month long layup.

My wife has been a calorie nazi during my housebound phase.

The following have been absent from my diet:
Crisps
Sweets
Cakes
Pies (not quite totally but only two in a month is a personal worst)
Bacon sandwiches.
Snacks.
More than two slices of bread per day.

The weight loss might well have been greater had I been mobile.

Things are looking up though. I went out on Saturday for the first time in a month and visited the new Asda in Meanwood that has been converted from a Netto. It was the first time that I'd walked more than 100m. I did a smallish weekly shop and drove back home. What was surprising was the sensible nature of the shopping trolley contents, no sweets, crisps, biscuits or cakes.

There are signs that the infection is subsiding. I've never had to be on antibiotics and pain killers for a month before.

I can't wait to get out on a bike. I've bought a new Canterbury base layer in anticipation of getting out in the cooler air and I hope to get a 100km Audax under my belt before the end of November.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.We need some sunshine to boost us up.Well tonight it's the big giveaway 48 hot dogs are on offer here in Meanwood from 17-45 onwards.No trick our treat.Setting up a paste table in our drive and giving sweets and glowing wrist bands out along with a hot dog or two.Sainsbury's best.So if you can drive down here you are welcome to a couple or three.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.We need some sunshine to boost us up.Well tonight it's the big giveaway 48 hot dogs are on offer here in Meanwood from 17-45 onwards.No trick our treat.Setting up a paste table in our drive and giving sweets and glowing wrist bands out along with a hot dog or two.Sainsbury's best.So if you can drive down here you are welcome to a couple or three.

Hot dogs are very tempting.

I might potter down but don't count on it - you don't want the kids being frightened away and you being left with four dozen hot dogs to consume.....

Things are looking up. Had my second supermarket excursion today and things were much less uncomfortable. Had a visit to the docs and a second round of IV antibiotics has been ruled out. The new antibiotics appear to be doing their job and I'm hoping to be back at work next week.

Hoping to be on a bike towards the end of the week.

Top Bottom