Lost Keys for D Lock!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lost my Keys for the bike :angry:
So I had a go at opening the D-Lock with a car jack, only too ruin the jack! – the lock (Kryptonite) stayed intact – didn’t even bend an inch! (so I suppose I should be pleased :rolleyes:)

Without wishing to aid a chav should they wander across this forum, anyone else got any tips? – before I burn out an angle grinder or muck up a drill and set of bits drilling the lock??:blink:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
So I had a go at opening the D-Lock with a car jack, only too ruin the jack! – the lock (Kryptonite) stayed intact – didn’t even bend an inch! (so I suppose I should be pleased :rolleyes:)

Without wishing to aid a chav should they wander across this forum, anyone else got any tips? – before I burn out an angle grinder or muck up a drill and set of bits drilling the lock??:blink:

You had the two keys together?????

Sorry can't give advice about getting lock open. I put my two keys separate so I always have a spare to unlock my bike.

chris-s

1) F*** off great bolt cutters

2) Angle grinder

3) Friendly fire brigade exercise

4) Invite the local scrotes around

Chris

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've done it (I didn't have the two keys together but I sure as hell forgot where I put the spare for safekeeping)

Mine wasn't a Kryptonite. The shackles are practically impossible to saw through but I sawed into the bit with the lock in it with a hacksaw. It took a while but it went through eventually (once I got halfway through if must've cut through something important 'cos it just fell off after that).

1) F*** off great bolt cutters

2) Angle grinder

3) Friendly fire brigade exercise

4) Invite the local scrotes around

Chris

Depends on the circumstances, but if your close to your local Station the lads may be able to help. It will just depend on what the brigade policy is to this sort of thing. If your able to take bike (i assume the lock is on the bike) and lock to the station, i would hope they could do it on a good will basis as long as you can prove the bike is yours.
Not saying they will definately do it, but if you brought it to my station I would as long as you could prove ownership. Worth a punt at least.

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
I assume this lock is post biro era ?

lol - yes - and it's locked to a decent bike anchor - i moved back from university last week and the spare is somewhere in storage - problem is that i have a 100 square foot storage unit with about 60 boxes in, and the rest - it will take several days to go through - talk about a needle in a haystack - but at least the bike isn't going to get stolen easily!! Had to make do with riding Mrs TC's bike... will try and drill it next :ohmy:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
If its locked to something, Just leave it by twickenham station ...it'll be open in no time. :whistle:

Manonabike

Über Member

What Kryptonite model is that?

vickster

Legendary Member
My Abus lock came with a card so I could order new keys...I assume you cannot wait that long (or even if Kryptonite offer the same facility)?

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
What Kryptonite model is that?

It’s a KryptoLok Series 2
Which ironically comes with a free key replacement service if you resister your lock and key number with Kriptonite – guess what I will be doing from now on…

This isn’t even my main lock so to speak – I’ve got one of those New York ones that is better but I had left that somewhere else while I moved so chucked this old backup one on the bike instead… dough!

400bhp

Guru
I'd be tempted to look through your storage boxes. Will probably be quicker than arsing about trying different things to break it.

Top Bottom