Love cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horsfall

been cycling now for 3 weeks and i love it! got myself a cateye strada wireless comp yesterday evening and tried it out today. Cycled 7 miles in 38mins with an average speed of 10.5mph and a max speed of 22.7mph which im really pleased with.

well done! once you start, the cycling bug stays with you.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
When I started in March my average over 10 miles was 8.3 mph. And I was completely exhausted afterwards. Did 40 miles at an average 12.4 yesterday morning and felt fine afterwards. If you keep at it the improvements will soon come.

The main thing is to enjoy it ,get lots of miles in and dont worry too much about the numbers.

nosherduke996

Yes i agree, i have only been cycling 5 months now and have got a road bike and a mountain bike.
When i started i was exactly the same 12 mile average. Now i am up to 17-18 mph and cannot get enough of it at the moment.
The month of August i logged 250 miles in total.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Good to hear your are enjoying it, it does tend to become rather addictive, in fact I would be worried if you weren't enjoying cycling. Anything you need to know about cycling, just ask, someone here will have the answer... ;)

Randochap

Senior hunter
Good going! :thumbsup:;)

postman

Legendary Member
What a strange name.

But get this my Mothers maiden name was Peggy Horsfall Smith.

To see that today was quite a shock.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I got my first bike after an absence of 15 years from the saddle I rode it 7 miles home and was so shattered that I didn't touch it for another 6 months.

This Sunday I am planning my first 100 mile ride.

Bayerd

Über Member
Horsfall said:
been cycling now for 3 weeks and i love it! got myself a cateye strada wireless comp yesterday evening and tried it out today. Cycled 7 miles in 38mins with an average speed of 10.5mph and a max speed of 22.7mph which im really pleased with.

Horsfall, you could have written that about me. I've also just started again after a 20 year lay off. Currently doing similar figures and really enjoying it.

Banjo said:
When I started in March my average over 10 miles was 8.3 mph. And I was completely exhausted afterwards. Did 40 miles at an average 12.4 yesterday morning and felt fine afterwards. If you keep at it the improvements will soon come.

The main thing is to enjoy it ,get lots of miles in and dont worry too much about the numbers.

This is a real inspirsation to me, as I'm already finding that I've got to go that bit further and faster each time to get home knackered. I'm not sure whether getting knackered should be my longer term aim, but it's helped shift stone so far. Medium term goal is to be able to join the local club ride. Longer term I'd like to do the Manchester-Blackpool run next year.

jasonmccullum

Über Member
i started riding my road bike after 15 years and i am riding 7 miles a day in 28 mins and am planning my first 15 mile ride in a couple of weeks. i even started riding 9in the rain......guess i have the bug lol

OP
OP
H

Horsfall

thanks for all the comments and encouragement. Postman that is the first time ive heard of someone else not in my family to have the same name lol.
Could anyone recommend some cycling shorts that are not too expensive, want to get myself some, thanks

Top Bottom