Love in the saddle......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Had a good ride this morning, part of my route was through the village of Orwell in Cambs. I came round the bend and saw 2 hi viz riders on bikes up ahead. I was only doing 15mph having just had a drink. I caught them up in no time just before a fork to the right. The bloke of the pair drifted out right without looking whilst talking to his lady, he DID say "turn right!". She was mid 50's and not full of confidence. If I'd have gone right round the two of them I'd have spooked him, he idn't know I was there at all, She caught me from the corner of her eye and started to wobble and panic, so he started yelling at her. I said calmly "I'll go on your left...." and proceeded to undertake. She then veered off to the fork, as they went down the hill the effing and jeffing started from the pair of them. It was both funny and sad at the same time. No wonder many women don't bother to do sport, and even less partake with their male partners. I hope they got home on talking terms and that she goes out again some time soon.

Pigo

I have to say that i've tried riding with a particular man & it wasn't the most pleasant experience! .......Actually, let me re-phrase that....... I've tried CYCLING with a man....! He seemed to feel the need to give me 'advice' constantly & didn't trust my directions at all so wasted vast amounts of time playing with his damn garmin thingy!
I've also witnessed my Brother-in-law totally put my Sister off ever getting on a bike again!
I will add that I do realise not all men are the same - some are great to ride with (just in case the b/f reads this!)
^_^

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
The only time i rode on a main road with the wife she refused to go infront as she wanted to stay behind to watch where i was going , as we went past a side road i heard the horn of something big blaring, i turned round to see my wife on the path shaking and a coach driver shaking his head as he drove past.
As we got to the junction i had noticed a car coming down the side road but thought nothing of it, but the wife thought it was not going to stop so swung out into the road straight in front of a 52 seater coach, with the coach just missing her , she was a nervous wreck and said never again , and that was the end of the longest most nerve racking hour of my life.

Top Bottom