Low ... low landings!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't all landings have to be low level? Ground level. Otherwise its just low flying :whistle:

</pedant>

Humberside airport has traffic lights on the road that runs past the end of the runway but its still nowhere as near as close as that.

ThePainInSpain

The road into Gibraltar has traffic lights on it, as it actually crosses the runway.

As an aside..........

Because of the construction of a second runway at Malaga airport, where we live has now come under new regulations. If anyone wants to plant a tree, erect a fence, put up a rotary clothes line, or any above ground structure. We now have to apply for a licence from the 'Air Security Agency', which will take at least 6 months. Because the structure could be a danger to aircraft.
We live 15 Km from the runway....................

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Yeah, usually the only people who get that close to the underside of a Heavy are the air-side crew and John MacLain from Die Hard ... :smile:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Gibraltar Airport is over water :wacko:

Attachments

• airport.jpg
    airport.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 23

krushavik

Flying into the old Hong Kong airport it was incredable flying through the skyscapers and watching people on their balconies.One building had a big arrow one the side telling the pilots which way to turn. I could not believe it till I saw it. Then hoping to god the plane stopped at the end of the runway. If it didn't plop you were in the sea.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Flying into the old Hong Kong airport it was incredable flying through the skyscapers and watching people on their balconies.One building had a big arrow one the side telling the pilots which way to turn. I could not believe it till I saw it. Then hoping to god the plane stopped at the end of the runway. If it didn't plop you were in the sea.

That sounds like an interesting experience ... O!!!

You think it's fake, but then you find dozens of them ... including ones where planes take off and blow people across the beach and into the water.

Bonkers ... :smile:

the fence has signs on them saying not to hold onto it or stand there during a take off, but it's on the thrill seekers list of things to do is ''ride the fence'' or hold onto the fence and be blown about by a 747

moz-screenshot-1.png
http://i.planepictur...64454174_TN.jpg

My office at the time overlooked the harbour, and we could see this plane put of the window for several months until they broke it up.

the link doesn't work for me, it appears to be on your hardrive given the c: at the start of the url

rusky

CC Addict

Yup the chequerboard approach was an experience!

Top Bottom