Lycra in the office

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Started new job today and as I thought, there are showers and facilities to lock the bike up safely. Its a 60 mile round trip so commuting by bike will be a Friday only event until I can build up some fitness.

Anyhows, my last office had the shower facilities in a training block at the back of the building. I could nip inside and onlu occassional new starters would get to see the full Cheadle buns of steel, which I could live with.

New place however has the showers inside the main building next to the toilets. The office is open plan and home to around 250 mainly female staff. I have to walk through reception and past about 50% of the staff to get to the loos.

I'm not sure my fragile self confidence can take it, particularly as I'm the new guy!!!!

Anyone else have to run the gauntlet like this????:biggrin:

JamesK

Über Member
Just go for it. I'm sure the girls will be impressed by the new guy who cycles and packs the lunchbox :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I finish work at 1 on saturdays, when the shop is really busy. I walk through the shop in full lycra carrying my bike:laugh:
When i first started i walked around the shop in full lycra, bit worrying at first but its fine now, i do get some strange looks from customers in the shop though:wacko::biggrin:

OP
OP
cheadle hulme
Dayvo said:
Yes, once is one time too much!

There's too much detail in any colour except black: Roundhead or Cavalier; dressing to the left or right; sleepy or awake; hot or cold; sliced or grated! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I got all of them except sliced or grated!!??

cheadle hulme said:

Yes! But you did ask! :biggrin:

cheadle hulme said:
New place however has the showers inside the main building next to the toilets. The office is open plan and home to around 250 mainly female staff. I have to walk through reception and past about 50% of the staff to get to the loos.

Couldn't you change into your office clothes in the shower block to save having to walk naked through the office to change in the loos?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I tend to wear my less "revealing" stuff when commuting in... so 'bikesters' this time of year, baggy shorts in spring/summer/autumn. I save my 'look at my packet, Mrs Scroggins' lycra for the weekend. :smile:

Top Bottom