Made some biscuits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Ms. P wanted some biscuits. We never have biscuits in the flat because we hardly ever eat them. Couldn't be arsed to go out and get some, couldn't be arsed to look up a recipe either.

Never made biscuits before so I had a bit of a guess. Rubbed a bit of flour into some butter, whanged in some sugar, stirred in a bit of peanut butter (why not) and a teaspoon of water, rolled 'em out, cut 'em out with a jam jar and baked 'em. About 25 minutes start to finish I reckon, 20 minutes of that was reading the paper while I waited for them to cook.

F*** knows if that's how you're supposed to make biscuits but they looked like biscuits and they tasted like biscuits and Ms. P was happy with them.

They weren't firm enough for dunking though.

thomas

the tank engine
I just bought some...12p a pack for shortbreads :biggrin:

YUM

I think I need to go make a cuppa tea and have a biscuit dunking session :tongue:;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You'd be okay on a desert island, Paulinurus, with that sort of never-say-die attitude.
You could have some pastry cutters as your luxury item:biggrin:

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've been doing a lot of improvising this week as I'm trying to use up a load of canned and dried stuff thats been hanging around in our kitchen for ages.

I made some patties yesterday out of a can of chickpeas, onion, flour, egg, some spices and fresh coriander with a tomato sauce partly made of the dregs of a couple of bottles of ketchup which were at the back of the fridge. Total success it was, Ms P very happy.

Top Bottom