Makes me feel batter anyway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Sometimes riding on the road does get spoilt..
someone stupid in a stupid car had stopped 5 yards after a blind bend on double yellows... this is on a downhill stretch and I JUST missed him ... if a car had been following then no chance as the road is very narrow and built up....

when he came up behind him I gave him a sign that I had clocked the stupidity...
he then drove aggressively (very agressively) and he and his passenger offered to 'discuss' further on the roadside..
I ignored... noted the reg.. and when I pulled in at the local nick.. hopefully he say where I went.
The reg is an outoftowner company car, so the local polis cant do much apparently.. but at least it made me feel better...

I just hope I havent made it worse for anyone.. he seemed the type to want exact revenge for any slight whatsoever on his car driving manhood

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's difficult to know when to accept it and ignore their stupidity or react as you did. I vary depending on my mood but I tend towards shrugging and moving on.

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
On the whole you making lotsa sense... but this morning the temptation to formalise a complaint was overpowering.. when I live next door to the local nick as well.. but I dont usually make a habit of raising my head above the parapet for fear of having it shot off

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I had a total prat in a lorry honk his horn at me presumably because I was holding him up. I had taken primary as I was in a 70 yard straight stretch between two opposite right angle bends. He was in an articulated forty tonner. There was no way he could have passed me safely in the space available, so he sounds off to me for preventing an unsafe overtake.

I just waved a cheery greeting as he passed.

If you react, you only wind yourself up.

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
The driver was exactly just honking his horn in this case.. he and his passenger were making verbal abusive violent threats basically

monnet

Guru
Sometimes I react others I try to be zen. Yesterday I was zen and i felt fantastic.

A guy was behind me at a set of lights. The lights changed. I rode off. There's lots of parked cars on the left of the road, I was turning right after about 500m and so I just slipped in behind the car in front and rode with the traffic flow at around 20mph. The bloke behind couldn't wait to get past. He drew level with my rear wheel so I waved him back, there was no way he could fit in the half bike length between me and the car in front and the parked cars meant I couldn't give him the space to pull level. Eventually when I was in the lane to turn right he came down the inside, slowing to give me plenty of abuse, culminating in the threat 'next time you'll be under the car'. I was about to react, thought twice about it and ended up spending most of the day laughing to myself at the idea of him losing more time by making the effort to abuse me than he could ever have made up by overtaking me. I also had sinister thougths about the whole affair raising his blood pressure to unhealthy heights.

after all that, I'd probably reacted exactly the same way as you Spartacus.

Top Bottom