Maldon - 100 miles "for food" - 30th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Excuse the late posting of this ride.

London Liverpool Street to Maldon and back
Saturday July 30th at 8am

Junction of Liverpool Street and Old Broad Street near Muck D's.
Street view of location

We'll be riding the same route as the ride in January which was quite rolling. Hopefully this time we'll not be riding into a headwind at 0 degrees. Outward bound halfway break will be once more at the delightful Blackmore Tea Rooms. Lunch will be held at The Old Ship in Haybridge Basin. Both venues proved to be superb last time.

The weather so far is looking as changeable as it currently is. Expect it to be either 10 degrees and blowing a gale or 25 degrees and sunny.

Outbound route : http://ridewithgps.com/routes/552840
Return route : http://ridewithgps.com/routes/552887

Riders :
139NI - if time off work
Alberto
HaloJ
Ianrauk
iZap - will decide on Friday
lilolee - meeting at Blackmore
martin235
philk56 - + 1
origamist
simgsxr
SteveVW
StuAff

Out :
rb58 - kinda double booked
tynan - pass declined, press ganged into cheap slave labour

Abs

event_28_7_538004837_1944.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm in...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aww, alas, no go for me am afraid.. am doing a trial 4 day solo camping tour to Exeter and back... but have fun one and all...

Tynan

Veteran
I'd forgotten how far out Maldon is, me an Essex boy and all

Tentative interest here, subject to calendar, a ride from Liverpool Street is too good to pass on

bah to rolling but this must be a good chance to use and reinforce my stirrings of core stength so hard earnt on the weekend's Dunwich, so much tenderness around the torso that as far as i can see is simple (over) exertion

and of course a solemn promise not to leave me behind, there was a waft of fast about my last outing with your lot, granted I was shepherded home in a very decent way, no two pints with jumbo pie lunch this time, promise

B*llocks I can't make this one either! I will be in Cambridge - although I will hopefully be cycling back to London on the 31st if anyone wants to join me!

Tynan

Veteran
surely someone that considers 100 miles a long way will join, it's a depressing roll call of far and fast merchants so far

I'm still traumatised by my struggling to hold onto Halo's wheel while she was riding with no hands and doing some arm stretches, doubtless keeping the pace at something I could manage

and on the return managing 24 mph at one point and watching the other three dwindling into the distance

U

User10571

*Strokes beardless chin in a thoughtful kind of way and says "B0ll0X!"*

This kind of clashes with an overnighter from a forum not-so-afar between Oxford and Londres - otherwise I'd be up for it.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
surely someone that considers 100 miles a long way will join, it's a depressing roll call of far and fast merchants so far

I'm still traumatised by my struggling to hold onto Halo's wheel while she was riding with no hands and doing some arm stretches, doubtless keeping the pace at something I could manage

and on the return managing 24 mph at one point and watching the other three dwindling into the distance

LOL! 100 miles is a long way. It may be something I do semi regularly but it's most certainly still a long way.

Top Bottom