Male Cyclists aged 40-60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leahmp13

Hi, I am a 3rd year student researching male cyclists, between the ages of 40-60. If anyone could reply to a few questions i have i would be very very grateful.

1. Do you cycle to work?

2. Do you cycle for leisure?

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling?

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling?

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range?

Thanks again :smile:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
1. yes

2. yes

3. cycling kit

4. gardening, allotment, walking, eating out, theatre, cinema, Blackburn Rovers, wine and whisky (as an interest as well as pleasure!)

5. Yes

Davidc

Guru
1. No
2. Yes (and shopping, and general local transport)
3. Everday clothes or general sportswear. Never purpose made cycling kit except shoes.
4. They're pastimes BTW, plenty.
5. No

MarkF

Guru
1. Yes.

2. yes.

3. Cycling shirt and any shorts/socks closest to hand.

4. Horology, walking, vintage Vespa, still play and coach football.

5. Would struggle to find anything that I'd be less "interested" in.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
1. No
2. Yes
3. Bib shorts/longs and cycling jersey of varying thickness/base layer depending on weather
4. Various, eating, drinking (wine/beer/whisk(e)y, theatre, music, walking, shopping with SWMBO, entertaining grand-daughters
5. I go for cheap and cheerful like Decathlon, Lidl, Aldi, Tenn Outdoors etc so not really into stylish/smart. And at my age nobody notices anyway.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
1. No

2. Yes

3. Cycling kit or regular clothes for shopping

4. Gardening, drinking alcohol, ogling women, reading

5. No

Sara_H

Guru
Replyin on behalf of OH

1. Do you cycle to work? Yes

2. Do you cycle for leisure? Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? T shirt, shorts, trousers tucked in sock etc

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Climbing, diving, walking, farting

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? Maybe

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
1. Do you cycle to work? Yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Casual & Comfy, or work clothes (shirt, shoes, troos)

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? play guitars, watch films, drink

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? Yes, if the price is right.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
1. Do you cycle to work? yes but not everyday

2. Do you cycle for leisure? yes

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? lycra shorts/tights & top

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? browsing forums :thumbsup: watching football

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? No not really. I'm happy enough with lycra kit i wear

1. Do you cycle to work? No

3. What sort of clothes do you wear for cycling? Cycling gear - mainly made from lycra or sportwool

4. What other past times do you do when not at work or cycling? Photography, badminton, usual socialsing

5. Would you be interested in a more smart but breathable and movable clothing range? Sounds good in principle but in short no. I have enough kit and there's lots of choice. If I cycled around a city or did lots of pootling around town and may be also could wear non-smart clothes to work the answer would be yes. Cycling for fitness means "pucka" cycling gear is where it's at for me.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Mixture of full-on road gear, through specific cycling shorts and breathable top (merino or bamboo), to work trousers that are soon to be pensioned off.
4. Eating cake. Oh, ski-ing (but only once a year), gardening, rugby (watching, not participating), running (at the moment)
5. Not too sure. When I'm really pushing it on a hot day, breathable means better than not. But not breathable enough to hop off bike and sit at desk - not even close. And smart would have to be smart. Can't stand non-iron shirts and casual trousers for work, which generally means cotton rather than synthetics. So,probably not.

Top Bottom