Male hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Why do men grow beards? They're wiry and itch and they make you less attractive to women. What is the evolutionary advantage?

Similarly, why do men lose their hair. Generally, going bald does not make you more attractive to women, so why have certain hair follicles evolved to commit suicide?

BSRU

A Human Being
Environmentally friendly, instead of using vital resources everyday to shave I just do it every two weeks or so:tongue: .
Plus it gives me an extra point for SCR also another point for not shaving my legs. so any roadie is worth at least two points^_^ .

caimg

Über Member
Why do men grow beards? They're wiry and itch and they make you less attractive to women. What is the evolutionary advantage?

Similarly, why do men lose their hair. Generally, going bald does not make you more attractive to women, so why have certain hair follicles evolved to commit suicide?

As someone that's 25 and has been losing their hair since 19 years old, I'd love to know this myself. Seems like the most outrageous bit of laziness on evolution's part, no benefit whatsoever!

Night Train

Maker of Things

I have very little facial hair and a full head of thick, black hair.

Maybe, in terms of evolution, if facial hair and baldness are not attractive then those men should not breed. Leave the breeding to the rest of us and after a few generations the problem will be solved!
:thanks:

^_^

tyred

Legendary Member
Going bald does have advantages - the bottle of shampoo lasts longer so money saved, wear and tear on my comb greatly reduced and I don't worry about getting my hair wet as it dries again in a few minutes.:becool:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Some women find bald heads incredibly attractive, some don't, so I'm hedging my bets by going half bald! :thumbsup:

(I was trimming my hair last night and I could swear that some hair is actually growing back on the big bald spot at the back of my head!)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I think with the increasing numbers of balding men around that some women must be finding it an attractive feature.

D

Deleted member 1258

I have a beard for one simple reason, I cant be arsed to shave every day, I've had the beard that long now that if I shaved it of most of my friends wouldn't recognize me. My problem is that my hair grows as fast now, I'm 60, as it did when I was a young fella.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have a beard for one simple reason, I cant be arsed to shave every day, I've had the beard that long now that if I shaved it of most of my friends wouldn't recognize me. My problem is that my hair grows as fast now, I'm 60, as it did when I was a young fella.

I have an uncle who had a substantial beard for probably about 35 years and he shaved it off about 8 years ago, and I thought the difference was very obvious.

However, over Christmas when he was visiting at home, (he doesn't live far away and most of my family see each other regularly) out of the blue, my Mum, said, "Oh John, you've shaved your beard off" and he couldn't believe she'd never noticed before (neither could I!).

caimg

Über Member
Well if it'd help, there's a woman who's at my gym that has a shaved head. She's also got tattoos and is very in shape so if that floats your boat I could ask her if she's into mannequin pervs? ;)

Top Bottom