Man bag...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Would you, have you.... I mentioned it to No4 son and he ( who is not schooled in the subtle art of politcal correctness) and he snorted "Man bag!!! , Fag bag ya mean, dont expect me to be seen with you then, you'll have it stuck up yer ... in 5 minutes round here!! " Trouble is, my pockets are always full of useful stuff that I cant go out without so why not... nobody bats an eye in France but Merseyside... thats another story.

I can't imagine ever owning one. If I need to carry a lot of stuff, I have a battered old rucksack I can sling over my shoulder. Otherwise, it's what my pockets are for.

yello

Wouldn't be without mine, seriously. I hate stuff in my pockets so everything goes in the man bag. I've had one for near on 20 years and some folk did make remarks about it back then - even in trendy London. But I can imagine they wouldn't go down even now in some areas.

Mr Pig

Rhythm Thief said:
I can't imagine ever owning one.

Yeah, no way.

I fact, I think that women carrying handbags is stupid. Just a good way to loose all of the most important things you can carry in one go! Car keys, money, credit cards, house keys, any other personal info you're carrying. All in the hands of Mr Nasty if your bag gets stolen. Idiotic.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Man bags are cool ... as long as they aren't strapped around the waist and worn with shin length socks and nasty brown sandals.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Mr Pig said:
Yeah, no way.

I fact, I think that women carrying handbags is stupid. Just a good way to loose all of the most important things you can carry in one go! Car keys, money, credit cards, house keys, any other personal info you're carrying. All in the hands of Mr Nasty if your bag gets stolen. Idiotic.

*sigh* If you were a woman Mr Pig - you would know that a woman carries a lot more than that. Credit cards and keys are not required, as YOU keep them safe :rolleyes:

How can you carry half of Boots in your pockets?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
What the flip is a 'man bag' ?

This thread is useless without pics.

Mr Pig

ComedyPilot said:
What the flip is a 'man bag' ?

It's a handbag. That's it really.

Men don't need a handbag because men don't carry three tons of crap around with them. Maybe men feel inherently more secure, and don't need to be constantly comforted by the close proximity of a million familiar objects. To them it's all essential, to us it's mostly junk.

My wife's not bad actually, she doesn't usually carry that much. I just had a look and I could carry the contents of her handbag in trouser and jacket pockets quite comfortably. In fact, the bag and purse, in other words the paraphernalia for carrying the precious objects, are about a hundred times grater in mass than the precious objects themselves! Which does bring into question the sense of the whole idea. A pickpocket might lift one thing out of one pocket but in a handbag they have a big, easy target.

Top Bottom