Manchester > Blackpool 2012 Christies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbez

Hi All,

Is anybody thinking of doing this ride in July?

I originally saw the BHF ride but Cancer is something that is more personal to me, plus, July is sooner than September! :smile:

Anybody in?

Judderz

I should be doing it all being well, but I won't be doing it for any charity this time....trying to get the money off people for sponsoring is a hard task, then when they don't pay, you have to stump up the money yourself.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I should be doing it all being well, but I won't be doing it for any charity this time....trying to get the money off people for sponsoring is a hard task, then when they don't pay, you have to stump up the money yourself.
Too bloody right! My MD once collared me for £5 for a sponsored walk he was doing so I whipped out my Manchester 100 sponsorship form and persuaded him to cross-sponsor me. When we had both done our events, he came to me and asked for his £5 so I took out the note, waved it at him and said that if I gave it to him, he'd have to hand it back for my charity so why bother? He insisted that I give it to him and then refused to hand it back, saying that he didn't have any spare money on him! I cajoled him for 3 weeks and in the end he sent me to the office to get it out of petty cash! :whistle:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I should be doing it (it clashed with my shift pattern last year) but haven't even begun to think about the logistics of it yet. Initial thoughts are that I will probably ride it on my own and then ride back again afterwards (Loner, me?)

Does anyone have a link to the official site?
http://bike-events.com/ :thumbsup:

I can't do it this year, first miss in three years due to a family commitment :cry:I'll be doing my own version at some point but it's not the same as dominating the roads in huge packs of spinning lycra clad legs ^_^ I've always thoroughly enjoyed the event. Be aware that the entry fee goes entirely to the organisers, not a penny of it goes to Christies or any other charity, but I don't mind as I've always found it superbly well organised, but better you know just in case it offends you.
Enjoy it, but don't forget to save some legs for the Lytham St Anns stretch, it's completely flat but you'll see what I mean when you get there :evil::thumbsup:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
5th year in a row for me this year.
If the wife is joining me it will be one-way and the car back; if she decides not to bother then I'll probably be doing both ways again.

It's usually a fun day out, but I'd suggest setting off early if you want to avoid the hordes of muppets.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I've ridden it the last couple of years. Might ride it this year and will probably ride back afterwards.
Thats what we are doing this year , done it one way for three years now so time to push that bit harder and do the return leg as well , being on the tight side it means one way will be half price and double the ride for the money ,,

Top Bottom