Manchester commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

straas

Matt
I haven't noticed an overabundance of commuters around Manchester, but maybe I'm just cycling at the wrong times.

So commuters of this great city let us know;

Your route;

Times;

Ride;

I'll kick it off,

Sale - stretford on the canal - edge lane - Manchester road - U chorlton road - Chorlton road - stretford road - oxford road - City centre

7am
3.30pm

Specialized Secteur w/ pannier

Long Distance

i commute up the canal from Timperley to Stretford, then off onto the A56 and over to Salford Quays

usually between 6:30am -> 7:30am and then return about 5pm

i'm currently riding a Kona Jake

i used to ride up the A56 all the way until my Giant Rapid road bike was damaged when i was knocked off by some moron in a VW Golf in February, but changing my route to the canal with the Jake has been an absolute revelation (and far far less dangerous than that deathtrap section of the A56 through Sale)

BinBag

Brinnington - Stockport - Reddish - Denton - City's Ground - Newton Heath - Moston

05:50 start
16:00 return

Silver Specialized Allez 16 - missing a Blackburn Pump if anyone finds it!

Lovely 12 mile commute in the morning! Love it!

400bhp

Guru
i commute up the canal from Timperley to Stretford, then off onto the A56 and over to Salford Quays

usually between 6:30am -> 7:30am and then return about 5pm

I probably travel over you as I approach the crossroads at Brooklands station. :smile:

I'm not prepared to give out full details of my bike + route + time on an open forum.:smile:

Timperley to Manchester via a few different routes.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Hayfield - New Mills - A6 - Hazel Grove - Fiveways - Bramall Hall - Cheadle Hulme - Heald Green - Wythenshawe - Airport

Falcon Team Equipe singlespeed

Lell

Timperley to Trafford Park, either via canal (shortest route) or, Sinderland road then Ashton on Mersey (about 10 miles) or, Sale Water Park (about 8 miles) or, occasionally Sale then Chester Rd (horrible!).

Rush hour

An faithful old green mtb!

janm399

Veteran
Long summer route:
6:45 - Didsbury Village -> Northernden -> Gateley -> Wilmslow -> Prestbury -> Poynton -> Hazel Grove -> Stockport -> Reddish
Medium route:
7:00 - Didsbury Village -> Northernden -> Gateley -> Wilmslow -> Poynton -> Hazel Grove -> Stockport -> Reddish

Short route:
7:30 - Didsbury Village -> Reddish

Same routes back at 6pm from Reddish, sometimes on gray Trek (the ugly bike), sometimes on blue Trek (the good bike).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bredbury - Stockport Road, Stockport, Cheadle then either:-

Cheadle, Manchester Road to Didsbury
Cheadle, Manchester Road to A34 then Manchester
or Cheadle Gatley Northenden then Didsbury (long route)

Bright red fixed road bike.

7-45 to 8:15am, return 5 ish !

Currently on the bus till May though ! :angry:

Top Bottom