Manchester Sky Ride - Sun 2/8/09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone going ?

If the weather improves, I'll be taking my 8 year old son down for a ride around. He's dead keen....

Forecast is for dry/cloud and 17c

longers

Legendary Member
Where you starting from Fossy? And what time?

Dan and I are maybe planning a spin out tomorrow - this might be worth a visit.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Thinking 10-11 ish - probably going to park at Man Uni's Charles St Car park near Sackville St as it's cheap(yeh I know I shouldn't drive, but the trains are rubbish on a Sunday), then ride up to the circuit from there as it crosses Sackville St, and jump on and have a pootle.

Seriously considering just riding round in civvies (propper shorts under baggies) but with cycling soes on....

Don't forget to note your time as you pass the 'photo point' so you can search for your pic next week !

dav1d

I'm going.
Is the start point Albert Square at 10am? Just making sure I got that right as I can't find the details on the website.

longers

Legendary Member
David, I couldn't find the start time and location on the website either, although it does seem to suggest you can start in one of a few places, without going back to check I'm unsure about that. Hope that helps :biggrin:

We're going to Holmfirth instead so have fun.

trio25

Über Member
It's on all day so join anytime, I will be about so look out for me as I am working taking people to and from heaton park.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

There are a number of hubs - where you can park and ride in - they go to either Albert Square or the Velodrome. Think Trio will be clocking up some miles riding to and from all day.....

You can join anywhere, and it's on from 10 till 5. Main areas of 'interest' are at the Velodrome and Albert Square.

trio25

Über Member
It's only 5 miles each way longers, so not too many miles.

Looking forward to it and meeting people who are newish to cycling!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Manc Wheelers boys...look out for a blue Herety riding with a little lad on a red/silver MTB. Now tempted to go kitted out, with the 'one less car top'......

Forecast is looking good.........

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

SavageHoutkop said:
after driving into town?

I'll probably be along, as will Mr SavageHoutkop...

Well...."one less car top"...... well it's my fave.... need to use the car sometimes..........:biggrin:..it needs a run............I had to put some fuel in it today....to get to Manchester tomorrow - my son isn't up to riding those distances yet............... I know..not good, but I'm only bothering because of my son.

My daughter can ride just, but won't - attitude of a 6 year old..... hence no family outing...... booooo

We really fancy doing 'ride the lights'..but daughter is being 'difficult'.....:sad:....

Just what do you do - she loves her scooter, but won't ride her bike...dunno.....

Top Bottom