Manchester: Things to Do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adasta

Me and a mate are planning on going out and "'avin' it" in Manchester in July. Can anyone recommend places to go?

Also, any other cultural places of interest? Preferably somewhere without bright lights since I'll be too hungover to open my eyes much.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Wales is nice

John. Manchester.

OP
OP
Adasta

Adasta

I suppose you could go for the obligatory Smiths photo at the Salford Lads Club.

Without a doubt.

Anything relating to music, books, literature, art etc. would be great. But also anything like cool restaurants, pubs (I hear some places sell beer for £1.50...), etc.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Sankeys Soap' nightclub is/was one of my faves. Not sure if it's still going after it's 15year running ? Last time I went was last year and it was rammed. It don't really start till 3am ish depending on the night ?

As for daytime sports city has lots to do. Squash tennis cycling (the velodrome) football track n field. You can get the train to Edale for £10 if you like the hills and do a bit up Kinder Scout. Also where the great trespass was in 1932.

Manchester United Museum & Tour. :thumbsup:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Manchester United Museum & Tour. :thumbsup:

yes feel free to burn this down :whistle:

seriously manchester is mostly about food and music, or if you're into it there's usually some plays on too oh and a fair few comedy clubs at that.
just google "Whats on manchester" and browse what you get.
ticketline or ticketmaster can give you a good guess as to bands, the academy stages allways have someone on.
pete

Right, let me state, I AM NOT GAY , but some my best nights out in Manchester have been down Canal Street in Manchester's Gay village.

If you'd like a friendly, chilled out place to enjoy a few drinks it's worth a visit.

Top Bottom